Home Forums Chart Support Tooltip series colors

Tooltip series colors

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Hello,

I have a react canvas app that enables users to add up to 4 series to the chart. Each series on the chart is assigned a different color. If possible, it would be great if the series shown within the tooltip could each be displayed in the respective colors as well. Any help on how to accomplish this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

By default the color of content shown in toolTip is taken from dataSeries color and it seems to be working fine, please take a look at example in this documentation page.

If you are still facing issue, kindly create sample project reproducing the issue you are facing and share it with us so that we can look into the chart-options you are using, understand the scenario better and help you resolve.

From what we have observed, sometimes things get delayed mostly when we are not able to reproduce the issue or not able to understand the exact requirements or the solution that we provide may not work properly due to the variation in chart-options being used by you and us.

Having a sample project helps us in figuring out the issue and many a time we can just edit your code to fix the issue right away.

Vishwas R
    Team CanvasJS

Hey Vishwas, thanks for your help. I found that if I comment out the ‘toolTipContent: “{name}: {y}”‘ line, the tooltip series show different colors, but not the colors I have assigned to the series, they seem to be some defaults or something.

Check it out here:
    https://stackblitz.com/edit/canvasjs-react-basic-column-chart-oh36ba

@eclipseum,

You can customize the color of toolTip content as explained in documentation. Please take a look at this updated sample.

Vishwas R
    Team CanvasJS

Ah, not sure how I missed that in the documentation. Thanks for your help!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.