Home Forums Report Bugs Small Logarithmic Values Create Infinite Loop

Small Logarithmic Values Create Infinite Loop

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

I can’t easily put this in an example on CodePen because it causes the browser to bog down, so I will describe it. Take your basic line chart example (here: https://canvasjs.com/html5-javascript-line-chart/) and change the first data point to { y: 1E-16 },. Then make the Y-Axis logarithmic – e.g., by adding:

axisY: {		
        logarithmic: 1				
    },

It seems to render okay if you increase the y value to 1E-15. Not sure if this affects other types of charts and/or or axes.

@bfailing,

It seems to be working fine except that y-axis range is not being shown, which can be worked out by setting the minimum of axisY. Please check this JSFiddle for an example.

You JSFiddle doesn’t replicate the situation I described. As I said, go to that page and make the changes indicated. Or you can add a second data point to what you have. Then watch the browser memory usage rise…

@bfailing,

Thanks for clearing the scenario. We will look into this further and get back to you at the earliest.

@bfailing,

Based on the range of y-axis the chart is rendering too many labels which is causing the browser to freeze. You can workaround it by setting the minimum, maximum, and interval for axisY. Please check this JSFiddle for the same.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.