Home Forums Feature Requests & Feedback Several Issues and Questions

Several Issues and Questions

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

I’m using the trial version of 1.9.5, in Chrome (Kubuntu)

* It is very difficult to click legend labels on a phone to toggle them (Galaxy S7 Edge). It works fine on PC, but only works on phone if I tap over and over and happen to hit the right spot.

* When two lines overlap (for example, both values equal 3 for a length of time), it shows the higher index line, but the tooltip shows the lower index lines value and marker. This may be as designed, and may actually be the correct way, so you can see the data for the line underneath, but it was confusing; I was on the blue line but it was showing me values for the (invisible) red line.

* This locks up in chart.render() and I have to restart browser:
    axisX:
    minimum: new Date(2016, 10,23)
    maximum: new Date(2016, 10,24)
    interval: 10

I know you don’t really need interval with date axis, it’s just an FYI.

* It sometimes counts a reading off the left edge of the canvas in the viewportMinumum when zooming. This makes it hard to reliably put the displayed date range in a subtitle.

* The legend shows squares (but not circles) when the markers are not visible on the chart. If I put a lot of readings on one chart, the marker do not show on the chart and the legend markers (in series 0-3) correctly show lines instead of circles, but series 4-5 are set to square and they still show as squares in the legend.

* Markers won’t show even after zooming if original reading count was too high. If I make a chart with enough readings to make the chart markers not show initially and then zoom in, the marker will never show up. Maybe the logic used to determine if markers are visible should be re-checked on each zoom?

* Unused mouse/touch events don’t pass through on non-interactive areas. If there is a chart that takes up the whole phone screen, there is no way to scroll because the chart is apparently eating the events. Maybe I have missed something here.

* It is very difficult to click legend labels on a phone to toggle them (Galaxy S7 Edge). It works fine on PC, but only works on phone if I tap over and over and happen to hit the right spot.

Legends in mobile devices are small and depends on the chart size. It depends whether you clicked on the legend or not. You can set legend fontSize to increase legend marker(which depends on dataSeries.markerSize).

* When two lines overlap (for example, both values equal 3 for a length of time), it shows the higher index line, but the tooltip shows the lower index lines value and marker. This may be as designed, and may actually be the correct way, so you can see the data for the line underneath, but it was confusing; I was on the blue line but it was showing me values for the (invisible) red line.

Its as per design. You can use toolTip.shared to have a shared tooltip and to highlight all the markers at that point.

* The legend shows squares (but not circles) when the markers are not visible on the chart. If I put a lot of readings on one chart, the marker do not show on the chart and the legend markers (in series 0-3) correctly show lines instead of circles, but series 4-5 are set to square and they still show as squares in the legend.

Can you please create a jsfiddle for this?

* It sometimes counts a reading off the left edge of the canvas in the viewportMinumum when zooming. This makes it hard to reliably put the displayed date range in a subtitle.

Can you kindly brief more about this or create a jsfiddle.

* This locks up in chart.render() and I have to restart browser:
    axisX:
    minimum: new Date(2016, 10,23)
    maximum: new Date(2016, 10,24)
    interval: 10

intervalType is ‘number’ by default. When you are using dateTime kindly set intervalType based on your requirement(minute or hour or month etc).

* Unused mouse/touch events don’t pass through on non-interactive areas. If there is a chart that takes up the whole phone screen, there is no way to scroll because the chart is apparently eating the events. Maybe I have missed something here.

Whenever you move finger / pointer on the chart, the chart has to know if you are trying to scroll or interact with the chart. Hence we have implemented a behavior where if you hold the finger for a while on the chart, it captures the event and doesn’t scroll. On the other hand, if you move pointer / finger quickly without pausing, it allows you to scroll. Can you try as mentioned above and let us know?

Vishwas R
    Team CanvasJS

This jsfiddle shows a couple of the problems:

http://jsfiddle.net/fkuqaoub/16/

I have to tap the legend several times on my phone to get it to register. Making the font larger only helps marginally.

I cannot scroll by swiping up/down on the chart. This is a problem if the chart is taking up a large portion of the phone screen. Can it be set to ignore up/down movement and let it pass through?

The legend square/circles thing was a misunderstanding. The legend shows squares when it’s set to “stepArea”, even if the markers are not showing up on the chart.

As far as the viewportMinimum, the problem is that my readings are every minute, on the minute (no seconds). When you zoom it, it is extrapolating the value of where the line goes off the left edge of the screen and setting viewportMinimum with seconds. So the last displayed reading may be 11:43:00am but viewportMinimum is set to 11:42:37am. I need to know the value of the last displayed reading.

I realize that using interval with dates is not needed, but I assume you’d not want it to lock up. It was just fyi.

@GDaniels,

We are looking into these things. We will get back to you at the earliest.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.