Home Forums StockChart Support react stock chart slider update

react stock chart slider update

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Hello,
    I am using react stock chart in the project.
    We can adjust min-max on X-Axis manually by dragging left or right.
    I need to update the min & max of the slider on via an event after the chart got rendered.
    For example, I want to provide different sets of min-max when a certain event occurs.

I am passing values via ref, but that doesn’t seem to be working

stockChartRef.current.options.navigator.slider.maximum = new Date(moment.unixSecondsToDate(chartSliderRange.minimum));

Is there an API or workaround available?
    Thanks
    Shashank

Shashank,

Thanks for the reporting the use case, we are aware of this issue and we will be fixing it in our upcoming versions.

Vishwas R
    Team CanvasJS

[UPDATE]

We have just released StockChart v1.0.7 with this bug fix. Please refer to the release blog for more information. Do download the latest version from download page & let us know your feedback.

Vishwas R
    Team CanvasJS

Hello Vishwas,
    Thank you the reply.
    I m following this article for implementing react stock chart https://canvasjs.com/docs/stockcharts/integration/react/

With the new stcokchart library in place i m accessing set method like this
    stockChartRef.current.options.navigator.slider.set('minimum', new Date(moment.unixSecondsToDate(chartSliderRange.maximum)));

On Execution it says

Uncaught TypeError: stockChartRef.current.options.navigator.slider.set is not a function

However on logging stockChartRef.current.options.navigator.slider I can see set() and get() methods under the prototype of the object.

Regards
    Shashank

Shashank,

Slider methods are accessible within the actual slider element and not the options of slider that you pass to StockChart. As mentioned in documentation stockChart.navigator.slider.set('minimum', new Date(2018, 01, 01)); should work fine in your case.

If you are still facing issue, kindly share sample project reproducing the issue you are facing & share it with us over Google-Drive or Onedrive along with sample / dummy data so that we can run it locally to debug at our end to understand the use-case better and help you resolve.

Vishwas R
    Team CanvasJS

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.