Home Forums Chart Support Preventing Re render of all data on Canvas.

Preventing Re render of all data on Canvas.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

I have multiple objects to plot. I drop objects on canvas one by one using drag n drop functionality. But when I drop a new object it needs to be push into existing data holder and then it re render all objects again.

Is there any way to draw only lastly dropped object without rendering all previous objects.

Thanks.

@komal997,

Updating any chart elements will re-render the entire chart as of now. However, it takes just a few milliseconds to re-render the entire chart and performs well in such a scenario. You can take a look at this documentation page for a performance demo of the chart with thousands of DataPoints.

Shashi Ranjan
    Team CanvasJS

Thanks for the response, Actually Object meaning a new graph here I drag a new graph on existing canvas with huge data. In my case I have near 20 graphs to plot on a same canvas each having 50k + points it means at last it will have 20 graphs on single canvas.

But now, When I drop nearly 12 graphs on a canvas it leads refreshing a browser(Internet Explorer recommended).

For every drop I get data from server and need to push into existing data holder. and then it re renders all the graphs. For this problem I asked for the alternate way, but if you have any solution for the same please let me know.

Thanks.

@komal997,

Can you kindly create a sample project reproducing the issue along with sample data and share it with us over Google-Drive or Onedrive so that we can look into the code, run it locally to understand the scenario better and help you resolve?

From what we have observed, sometimes things get delayed mostly when we are not able to reproduce the issue or not able to understand the exact requirements or the solution that we provide may not work properly due to the variation in chart-options being used by you and us.

Having a sample project helps us in figuring out the issue and suggesting an appropriate solution accordingly.

Shashi Ranjan
    Team CanvasJS

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.