Home Forums Chart Support Multiseries column charts

Multiseries column charts

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)

I just changed the interval becuase if I changed the format, all the values would be changed. Thanks again!!

Why do I have June when the month is 05 in the new Date format? I’m struggling in PHP to take 1 away from every month in order to get the accurate month on the graphe, any idea? My regex did `XXXX, XX – 1, XX’ rather than directly having -1 in the number…

(My regex : preg_replace('/^(\\d+)-(\\d+)-(\\d+)$/', '\\1, \\2 - 1, \\3 - 1', $point['date_value']))
    PS: It does the same to the days because there is the same problem.

Tanguy,

In JavaScript Month starts from 0 (January) and ends at 11(December). So while displaying they are incremented by 1.

Also, please go through this link for subtracting days from date.

That’s what I used, thanks.

I can officially say that my work is done and that it is thanks to you too, so here is my last thanks : thank you.

Tanguy, a french amateur programmer.

Hi there, does anybody know why my bars arent showing up on my bar chart? All data is showing up, even when hovered over where the bars should be. Completely confused, can anybody please help?

Katie A

MY CODE –

<?php

//Database connection (localhost,username,password,databasename)

$con = mysqli_connect("localhost", "katie", "katie", "movies");
    // Check connection
    if (mysqli_connect_errno())
      {
      echo "Failed to connect to MySQL: " . mysqli_connect_error();
      }
    else
    // Print connection successful if no error
    {
    echo "Connection still Successful </br>";
    }

// Select all fields from the database
    $sql = "SELECT * FROM TABLE_1";
    //$sql = "SELECT * FROM 'TABLE 1' WHERE Movie Title =Star Wars:TheForceAwakens";
    $result = mysqli_query($con, $sql);

//echo var_dump($result);
    // Check if database is not empty if not print data of each row

// create array
    $emparray = array();
    while($row = mysqli_fetch_assoc($result))
    	{
    		$chart_gross .= "{label:'" .$row["Movie Title"]. "', y:'" .$row["Gross"]. "'},";
    		$chart_votes .= "{label:'" .$row["Movie Title"]. "', y:'" .$row["Votes"]. "'},";

$chart_data .= "{label:'" .$row["Movie Title"]. "', y:'" .$row["Votes"]. "'},";
        }

//Close database connection
    mysqli_close($con);
    ?>
    <html>
     <head>

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://cdn.canvasjs.com/canvasjs.min.js"></script>
      <title> 2015 Movie Title Gross and Votes</title>
      <link rel="stylesheet" href="//cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/morris.js/0.5.1/morris.css">
      <script src="//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.9.0/jquery.min.js"></script>
      <script src="//cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/raphael/2.1.0/raphael-min.js"></script>
      <script src="//cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/morris.js/0.5.1/morris.min.js"></script>
       <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1">
      <link rel="stylesheet" href="https://maxcdn.bootstrapcdn.com/bootstrap/3.3.7/css/bootstrap.min.css">
      <script src="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/3.3.1/jquery.min.js"></script>
      <script src="https://maxcdn.bootstrapcdn.com/bootstrap/3.3.7/js/bootstrap.min.js"></script>

</head>
     <body>
    	 	 <div id="chartContainer" style="height: 75%; max-width: 80%; margin:0px auto;"></div>
             <script src="https://cdn.canvasjs.com/canvasjs.min.js"></script>

<script>	

window.onload = function () {

var chart = new CanvasJS.Chart("chartContainer", {
    	animationEnabled: true,
    	title:{
    		text: "Movie Title Votes and Gross, 2015"
    	},	
    	axisY: {
    		title: "Votes",
    		titleFontColor: "#4F81BC",
    		lineColor: "#4F81BC",
    		labelFontColor: "#4F81BC",
    		tickColor: "#4F81BC"
    	},
    	axisY2: {
    		title: "Gross",
    		titleFontColor: "#C0504E",
    		lineColor: "#C0504E",
    		labelFontColor: "#C0504E",
    		tickColor: "#C0504E"
    	},	
    	toolTip: {
    		shared: true
    	},
    	legend: {
    		cursor:"pointer",
    		itemclick: toggleDataSeries
    	},
    	data: [
    		{
    		type: "column",
    		name: "Gross",
    		legendText: "Gross",
    		showInLegend: true, 
    		dataPoints:[<?php echo $chart_gross;?>]
    	},
    	{
    		type: "column",	
    		name: "Votes",
    		legendText: "Votes",
    		axisYType: "secondary",
    		showInLegend: true,
    		dataPoints:[ <?php echo $chart_votes; ?>]
    	}]
    });
    chart.render();

function toggleDataSeries(e) {
    	if (typeof(e.dataSeries.visible) === "undefined" || e.dataSeries.visible) {
    		e.dataSeries.visible = false;
    	}
    	else {
    		e.dataSeries.visible = true;
    	}
    	chart.render();
    }
    		}

</script>

</body>
    </html>

@katie,

Can you kindly share jsfiddle or sample project along with sample data over google-drive or onedrive reproducing the issue you are facing so that we can understand your scenario better and help you out?

Vishwas R
    Team CanvasJS

sir this project is not working, the chart is not getting displayed. The file index.php is not a php file as it does not contain php tags only. Please tell a way to sort this out.

Sankalp,

It seems to be working fine. Can you kindly check if you have imported database and updated database username, password in service.php accordingly? Also can you kindly check the Browser Console for any errors?

Considering this as duplicate of your other post. So am closing this post.

Vishwas R
    Team CanvasJS

Hi, thanks a lot for your reply, I’ve followed the forum and i am been able to draw a chart with only one value.
    I want to draw two values in the same chart, I am going to explain my files.

I have a data base with many values:

Data base

I want to draw the 2 temperature values in y axis and the hour in x axis.

If I do only the chart with one value it works, but i don’t know how to draw the second value in html file:

html file

php file

chart

Anybody could help me?

Thanks a lot.

Hi,I’ve followed the forum and i am able to draw a chart with only one value.
    I want to draw two values in the same chart, I am going to explain my files.

I have a data base with many values:

bd

I want to draw the 2 temperature values in y axis and the hour in x axis.

If I do only the chart with one value it works, but i don’t know how to draw the second value in html file:

html

html

chart

Could anybody help me?
    Thanks.

@monty_b,

Can you kindly share working sample project over Google-Drive or Onedrive along with sample database so that we can run it locally at our end, understand the scenario better and help you resolve?

From what we have observed, sometimes things get delayed mostly when we are not able to reproduce the issue or not able to understand the exact requirements or the solution that we provide may not work properly due to the variation in chart-options being used by you and us.

Having a sample project helps us in figuring out the issue and suggesting an appropriate solution accordingly.

Vishwas R
    Team CanvasJS

Hi, thanks for your comment. At this address are the required files.
    I want to represent several temperature values in a single graph, so far I only get one.
    How can I bring another value to the same graph?
    Thank you.
    Regards.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1EdPfOqupvXGpcokdDQZQGX3JYx1iu4iM

@monty_b,

Parsing data read from database before passing it to chart options should work fine in your case. Please take a look at this updated sample project.

Vishwas R
    Team CanvasJS

Hi thanks for the example but I have tried but it doesn’t work… :(
    The chart doesn’t appear

@monty_b,

The sample shared seems to be working fine. Can you kindly share sample project reproducing the issue you are facing over Google-Drive or Onedrive so that we can run it locally at our end, understand the scenario better and help you resolve?

Vishwas R
    Team CanvasJS

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.