Home Forums Chart Support How to remove the dependence of the axis on the scaling of the graph ?

How to remove the dependence of the axis on the scaling of the graph ?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Hi! Here is an example when there is 1 series on the chart and everything is fine.
    screen
    But when I add a new series, the graph stretches along the axis.
    screen

Question: How can I link the scaling of the graph ONLY to the very first series? So that the scaling lasts exclusively for the first series. And if in the future, based on the data, the axes intersect, we will see 2 series.

Simply put, I need to untie the new series from scaling as it works with drawing objects.

@mcigorli,

Auto-calculated axis range depends on multiple factors which include values of entire dataseries as well. From the screenshots shared, we are unable to predict the exact use-case / scenario properly. Hence, can you kindly create JSFiddle reproducing the issue you are facing & share it with us so that we can look into the code / chart-options being used, understand the scenario better and help you out?

Thangaraj Raman
    Team CanvasJS

@Thangaraj Raman,
    JSFiddle
    After adding a new date, we should not change the scaling. But the data should be added to the graph. I want to get an object effect from the date. If we add an OBJECT according to these coordinates, as in the example above, the scaling will not change, but if the date meets the object, we will see the object. I want to get the same from the new date. The new date should not be linked to scaling.

@mcigorli,

You can set the minimum and maximum properties for axis-y after rendering the chart using the set() method to achieve your requirement.

Please take a look at this updated JSFiddle for a working example.

Thangaraj Raman
    Team CanvasJS

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.