Home Forums Chart Support How to "hide" datapoints without leaving blanks (holes) in the chart?

How to "hide" datapoints without leaving blanks (holes) in the chart?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Hi
    After hours and hours playing with canvasJS I couldnot find a way to dinamically remove points from my chart in an elegant way. The opposite of that chart on gallery where you add data dinamically.
    What I want to do is to allow users to select/deselect data he want to see plotted. For instance, on a chart that shows data from Jan/2014 to Dec/2014 (axisX), if the user choose not to show Feb/2014, I iterate thru dataPoints, remove such point and call render(). The column with data corresponding to frebruary then disapear, but on X axis, the label for february is still shown, creating a “hole”.
    If First or Last item is deselected, then the result is OK, such month is not displayed.
    I have tried using Date() for x, tried using Integers for x and formating the Date as a label but none worked for me.
    So, before starting looking for another solution I would like to know if you gauys could help me out figuring what I`m doing worng.
    Best regards!!

I think you can use labels instead of x value in this case and use formatDate method in order to format date values as required and use labelFormatter for further customization.

Here is the JSFiddle example.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.