Home Forums Chart Support Dynamic lines in graph

Dynamic lines in graph

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Hello everyone, I am working with a line graph and I take the values ​​for a query and I load them to the graph by means of a ViewBag, in this way I can use dynamic data.
    What I can not do is that the number of lines and the names of these (in the property: ‘name’) can enter them dynamically and not fixed as I am doing now putting each line “Name”, my intention in load X number of lines each with its name, its values ​​and properties dynamically, possibly through a for each, is it possible?

@danielz,

Can you kindly share sample project along with sample data over google-drive or onedrive so that we can understand your requirements better and help you out?

Vishwas R
    Team CanvasJS

Yes, I uploaded the controller file where I take the data from the database and I save it in ViewBags and the page where I insert the data in the graphics, I hope that my problem is clearer now, thanks.

the link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1gwEqTsEc9UYmbowO7QcTvyheZ84-ECqh

@danielz,

You can store dataSeries name in ViewBags just like how you are doing it for data and read it in view ViewData["name"] = item.name;.

If this doesn’t fulfill your requirements, kindly share working project along with sample data, so that we can look into it and help you out.

Vishwas R
    Team CanvasJS

@Vishwas R
    my code:
    ——————————————–
    type: “line”,
    showInLegend: true,
    lineThickness: 1,
    name: @ViewData [“nameExample”],
    color: “# FFC371”,
    ——————————————–
    in the parameter “name:” I put ViewData [“nameExample”] or @ViewData [“nameExample”] and it did not work. in the controller I put the value to the ViewData and if I inspect it I see that it maintains the value but I can not use it in the graph. If you see the code that I have, I have more than one line in the same graphic, but I have to define one by one its name and its values, therefore I can not dynamically show “X” lines without having to repeat the code as many times as lines want to show

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.