Home Forums Chart Support Disable click event while using zoom

Disable click event while using zoom

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Is there a way to not trigger a click event when zooming?

The only thing I could find on this was a comment back from 2014 it was being looked into.

Thanks in advance.

@bobkirby,

It would be helpful if you could brief us further about your requirements and share a JSFiddle depicting your requirements/issue you are facing so that we can understand it better to help you out.

Shashi Ranjan
    Team CanvasJS

Thanks for the reply Shashi. My apologies, I thought it was straightforward.
    Here is the fiddle of what I mean: JSFiddle.

When the user is using the zoom feature and happens to be over one of the columns when they release the mouse (mouseup essentially), the click event is triggered. Is there a way to stop the click event from happening when using the zoom feature?

Hopefully that with the fiddle makes more sense.
    Thank you, I appreciate it!

• This reply was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by bobkirby. Reason: Open fiddle in new tab

@bobkirby,

This is not available as of now.

Shashi Ranjan
    Team CanvasJS

That’s unfortunate. I assume there isn’t a timeline for it?

I was kind of hopeful after seeing the same exact question on https://canvasjs.com/docs/charts/chart-options/data/click/ with a developer responding saying it was going to fixed soon, but back in 2014.

@bobkirby,

We had fixed this issue in v1.5.6 as addressed in the comment and seems to be working fine across the browsers like Chrome, Edge, etc. But the issue seems to have re-appeared in recent versions of Firefox and we will fix it at the earliest.

Vishwas R
    Team CanvasJS

Thank you very much for the additional information Vishwas, I appreciate it!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.