Home Forums Chart Support 2 cursor for chart

2 cursor for chart

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Hello Canvas JS team,

How can we add two cursor on chart in order to select the data range.

Thanks,
    Tejal

@tejal,

Sorry, this feature is not available as of now.

____
    Shashi Ranjan
    Team CanvasJS

Hi,

I understand the feature is not available…if someone had source could they implement it, or are there limitations to how CanvasJs is designed/architected where this could not be technically accomplished?

Thanks!

-ben

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by benhysell.

Ben,

You can use navigator to select a range of data to be shown in chart. If this doesn’t fulfill your requirements, can you kindly brief us more along with an example or a pictorial representation of your requirements so that we can understand it better and help you out?

StockChart Navigator

Vishwas R
    Team CanvasJS

Vishwas,

Think oscilloscope and cursor measurements. See – https://www.tmatlantic.com/encyclopedia/index.php?ELEMENT_ID=8930

From the link:
    “Cursor measurements” is the mode in which an oscilloscope determines the cursors positions on Y- or X-axes and calculates the difference between these cursors positions.

Image from their website detailing desired functionality
    Measurement Cursors

I wouldn’t expect CanvasJS to do any of the desired math/calculations on the data, that is outside of CanvasJS, I need the ability to place those cursors and return cursor positions.

Detailed Desired Functionality with CanvasJS:
    – Place a cursor on the screen and have cursor “stick” at a location after a user left clicks
    – Place a second cursor on the screen and have cursor “stick” at a location after a user left clicks
    – Ability to return from CanvasJS cursor positions so I can perform calculations on the data outside of the control
    – Ability to move the cursor after placing it by left clicking on the cursor and moving it to a new position

Ben,

You can achieve this by using striplines. You can dynamically add stripline on clicking anywhere on the chart using addTo method. Also, you can make them draggable using mouse-events as shown in the below code-snippet.

$(".canvasjs-chart-canvas").last().on("mousedown", function(e) {
      // Get the selected stripLine & change the cursor
      var parentOffset = $(this).parent().offset();
      var relX = e.pageX - parentOffset.left;
      var relY = e.pageY - parentOffset.top;
      var snapDistance = 10;

for(var i = 0; i < chart.options.axisX[0].stripLines.length; i++) {
        if(relX > chart.axisX[0].stripLines[i].get("bounds").x1 - snapDistance && relX < chart.axisX[0].stripLines[i].get("bounds").x2 + snapDistance && relY > chart.axisX[0].stripLines[i].get("bounds").y1 && relY < chart.axisX[0].stripLines[i].get("bounds").y2) {
          selected = i;
          $(this).css("cursor","pointer");
        }
      }
    });

$(".canvasjs-chart-canvas").last().on("mousemove", function(e) {
      // Move the selected stripLine
      if(selected !== -1) {
        var parentOffset = $(this).parent().offset();
        var relX = e.pageX - parentOffset.left;
        chart.options.axisX[0].stripLines[selected].value = chart.axisX[0].convertPixelToValue(relX);
        chart.render();
      }
    });

$(".canvasjs-chart-canvas").last().on("mouseup", function(e) {
      // Clear Selection and change the cursor
      selected = -1;
      $(this).css("cursor","default");
    });

Please take a look at this JSFiddle for working code.

Vishwas R
    Team CanvasJS

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.