Home › forums › Report Bugs › Zoom&pan in version 1.9.5+ => performance decrease
This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by dbouyssie 2 years, 7 months ago.
I’m trying to upgrade my application from version 1.8.0 to 1.9.5.
I mainly use line charts in this application.
When I use the zooming or panning features I observe a big performance decrease if I switch from version 1.8.0 to the version 1.9.5 (I also tried the latest beta version).
The performance decrease is also observable on your online demos:
performance demo 50000 dataPoints
This demo is really faster if you downgrade the library to version 1.8.0.
I think there might a problem with the new way the rendering is updated.
Thanks for your query. We are unable to observe any decrease in performance. We will further look into it. Meanwhile can you kindly create jsfiddle with the code that you are using and share the following info so that we can properly look into it.
1. OS details (Name and version)
2. Browser details (Name and version)
3. Zoom-level/panning at which you find performance issue.
Thank you for your quick answer.
It is not easy to share my code because I have a complex server back-end.
1. OS = Windows 7 x64
2. Browser = Google Chrome version 52.0.2743.116 m
3. Actually the problem happens when I put the mouse over data point of the series, then if the legend is displayed and then I pan, it is slower than if I pan without putting the mouse over a given data point. It seems that the problem also existed with the version 1.8.0 but it is a little bit faster.
So this is not a major issue. Sorry about that !
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.