Home Forums Chart Support Xaxis data

Xaxis data

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Using column chart:
    How to set string data on x axis ? I use labels for that but then again on plotting multiple data series it doesn’t group data according to the labels… I want the data to be grouped according to labels….

i mean try this:
    https://canvasjs.com/docs/charts/basics-of-creating-html5-chart/
    in the first chart editor create another data series:

{

type: “column”,
    dataPoints: [

{ label: “orange”, y: 15 },
    { label: “apple”, y: 10 },// i switched apples and oranges
    { label: “banana”, y: 25 },
    { label: “mango”, y: 30 },
    { label: “grape”, y: 28 }
    ]
    }

this plots apples with oranges and x axis labels are according to the last data series entered i.e. it only respects the order of data entry, not grouping according to labels.
    also i can’t use x for grouping since it doesn’t allow string data type

@akshay30498,

You can use x-values along with labels to achieve this. You can group same labels by having same x-values to them. Please take a look at this jsfiddle.

__
    Priyanka M S
    Team CanvasJS

yeah… i had this workaround in my mind… but actually i am fetching data from database so it is such that:-
    there are centers and there are courses…. now, some centers may not have all the courses and i want to plot the enrollments…
    so.. it would’ve been easier if i could give custom string values to “x” attribute directly and then it would group them together according to that :(
    Anyways… i’ll go for the workaround.. thanx

Akshay,

Chart doesn’t automatically group dataPoints by its label. In fact whenever only label is given (without x), internally it assigns x values to dataPoints in an order. So, there can be different dataPoints with same x value but different label.

So, only way to achieve this is to set x value to each dataPoint as required.

Sunil Urs

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.