Home Forums Chart Support What causes points on a spline graph to appear by default vs hover?

What causes points on a spline graph to appear by default vs hover?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Both of these graphs are generated through the same code in the same template, but the first one has more data and only shows a singular data point on hover. Zooming does not change if the points show or not.

Is this an option that can be set (always show or always don’t show), or is it based on a threshold of data volume?

@skis89,

When there are large number of dataPoints, markers are automatically disabled. You can override this by setting markerSize in dataSeries.

Vishwas R
    Team CanvasJS

Thank you very much. I’m trying to get the markerSize property to be dynamic (changing it at different zoom levels), but I can’t seem to find anything about the zoom callback event that I see mentioned in some forum posts about a beta 3 years ago. Was this implemented in the public release?

@skis89,

You can manipulate the markerSize dynamically by counting the number of dataPoints between viewportMinimum and viewportMaximum of AxisX on rangeChanged event. Please take a look at this jsfiddle.

__
    Shashi Ranjan
    Team CanvasJS

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.