Home Forums Report Bugs Viewport behavior

Viewport behavior

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Hello everyone,

I’m not really sure, that it’s a bug or just expected behavior.

<Example>

As you can see, the first and the last columns are NOT visible. (viewport settings)
    I would expect, that they are visible. In other words: In this case, the same result, as I get, if I don’t specify the viewport.

What do you think?

Best regards
    Thomas

@schuerle,

It is as per the design. In case of multi series chart, the tick mark needs to be in the the middle of all the available series. Whenever you set viewport manually, the viewport actually starts from the given position ignoring the series that are left behind.

Hello Bivek Singh,

I agree to that, but I think you don’t get my point.
    The value is inside the range. So it should be visible.
    If I set the minimum to -1, then the value at -1 should be visible. (independent of 1 or multi series)
    That means, that you cannot set the viewport to the tick-mark. The viewport needs to be set according to values of this tick-mark.

Best regards

@schuerle

When you set viewport manually, the viewport actually starts from the point that you provide. In some cases(Eg: column/bar) datapoints require some width in order to represent themselves on the axis.

If you want to display all the attached dataseries (in case of multi-series column/bar chart) with manual viewport, set it to half of interval (which in your case is 0.5) less/more than expected viewport value.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.