Home Forums Chart Support Two data sets, shared Y-Axis, 2 different format X-Axis

Two data sets, shared Y-Axis, 2 different format X-Axis

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

I need to switch to a different chart software, and I need something very specific… I think CanvasJS can do this, but wanted to make sure before investing a ton of time into tinkering just to find out it doesn’t.

Two data sets…

1. Candlestick chart (Y-Axis: price; X-Axis: date)

2. XY Line chart (Y-Axis: price, shared with #1’s Candlestick chart; X-Axis: Values between +1000000 on left and -1000000 on right, or scaled to whatever min-max the data has)

So not only is the line chart sharing the Y-axis with the candlestick chart, the direction of the values is flipped. Like I said, I *think* CanvasJS can do this… but it’s complicated enough that I could use someone confidently telling me yes/no before I spend a bunch of time on this. Really appreciate any responses. Thanks!

@illustrationism,

We are looking into your query and will get back to you at the earliest.

____
    Shashi Ranjan
    Team CanvasJS

Oops, I almost forgot I posted here. I was just messing with this again this morning, and figured out a solution.

https://codepen.io/illustrationism/pen/zeXWeP

Hope this helps someone else! Thanks for your help, and if I could be doing something better, I’m always keen to hear!

@illustrationism,

Glad that you figured it out. Well, you can further improve the chart by using a similar color for the attributes of Axis X to that of its corresponding DataSeries as shown in this update Pen.

____
    Shashi Ranjan
    Team CanvasJS

Cheers!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.