Home forums Report Bugs ToolTipContent Breaks StackedArea Chart

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Vishwas R 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

npshannon

Hello,

I am trying to create multiple stacked area charts on one page and to show a custom tooltip by editing the toolTipContent attribute of the data. Unfortunately, the page breaks as soon as you mouse over a few points. I tried to then simplify it and just have a single chart on the page and see if perhaps it would work with just one. Unfortunately, it still breaks. See this jsfiddle (https://jsfiddle.net/npshannon/m03b67q5/) which replicates the style of tooltip I was creating. After you mouse over a few points, you will see the page stop responding and will eventually need to kill it. This was tested in Chrome, Edge, and FireFox.

Is this a memory limitation because I’m using a custom tooltip across multiple sets of data? Please advise.

Thank you

Priyanka M S

@npshannon,

We are looking into it and will get back to you at the earliest.

__
    Priyanka M S
    Team CanvasJS

Priyanka M S

@npshannon,

Thanks for reporting this use-case. It seems to happen when you are trying to format tooltip content using {#percent%} for the dataPoints that has y value 0 and tooltip is shared. We will fix this issue in our future releases.

__
    Priyanka M S
    Team CanvasJS

npshannon

Thank you very much for looking into this, Priyanka. I will look forward to that new release.

npshannon

Just curious, is there an expected date for the next release? It seems like generally they are once a month or so, but it has been some time since the July release that came out. Just trying to think about when this will be released.

Thanks

Vishwas R
    Keymaster

@npshannon,

Sorry we don’t have definite timeline for next release as we are working on some important features at this point of time.

Vishwas R
    Team CanvasJS

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.