Home Forums Report Bugs ToolTipContent Breaks StackedArea Chart

ToolTipContent Breaks StackedArea Chart

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

Hello,

I am trying to create multiple stacked area charts on one page and to show a custom tooltip by editing the toolTipContent attribute of the data. Unfortunately, the page breaks as soon as you mouse over a few points. I tried to then simplify it and just have a single chart on the page and see if perhaps it would work with just one. Unfortunately, it still breaks. See this jsfiddle (https://jsfiddle.net/npshannon/m03b67q5/) which replicates the style of tooltip I was creating. After you mouse over a few points, you will see the page stop responding and will eventually need to kill it. This was tested in Chrome, Edge, and FireFox.

Is this a memory limitation because I’m using a custom tooltip across multiple sets of data? Please advise.

Thank you

@npshannon,

We are looking into it and will get back to you at the earliest.

__
    Priyanka M S
    Team CanvasJS

@npshannon,

Thanks for reporting this use-case. It seems to happen when you are trying to format tooltip content using {#percent%} for the dataPoints that has y value 0 and tooltip is shared. We will fix this issue in our future releases.

__
    Priyanka M S
    Team CanvasJS

Thank you very much for looking into this, Priyanka. I will look forward to that new release.

Just curious, is there an expected date for the next release? It seems like generally they are once a month or so, but it has been some time since the July release that came out. Just trying to think about when this will be released.

Thanks

@npshannon,

Sorry we don’t have definite timeline for next release as we are working on some important features at this point of time.

Vishwas R
    Team CanvasJS

Hello again,

It’s been several months since the last update, so I was curious when another release might be coming out that addresses this bug (and any others that might be prepped for release).

Thank you

@npshannon,

Thanks for the follow up. We have already prioritized this bug and we are working on it. We will get back to you in couple of days on the fix for the same.

Vishwas R
    Team CanvasJS

@npshannon,

We have released v3.2.11GA with this bug fix, please check out release blog for more information. Please download the latest version from our download page and let us know your feedback.

Vishwas R
    Team CanvasJS

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.