Home Forums StockChart Support The slider keep shifting when shift back to new data.

The slider keep shifting when shift back to new data.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

Hi!
    I’m getting an issue with the slider.
    As the chart loads it stays in its normal position,
    When I shift it to the left of the chart, then back to the far right
    It supposes to stay in the right showing the current new data.

The problem is it continues to shift to the left no matter how hard I
    tried to shift it back to the new current data.

may be this is the same problem I encounter, let me as you a question, after dragging the slider, does the web page refreshes? do you use asp.net web forms as I do?

Not really Prospect, The page doesn’t refresh, it simply after dragging the slider when I get it back to the current data position I wanted it to stay in the position as it normally when I open. I not using asp.net forms.

I guess maybe I based on the Range setting.

@islandt,

Thanks for reporting the use-case. It is in our improvement list and we will fix it in our future releases.

—-
    Manoj Mohan
    Team CanvasJS

Thanks, now I understand, however I have no solution to solve this issue as I am running this chart inside a .net solution and my aspx page (I don’t mean the simple page that I sent your link) is running within a master page which means that putting the chart outside the page main form is not an option

Thanks, Manoj!
    I tried adding an interval of the xValue to the Range endValue so it keeps updating to new endValue.
    for example, using get and set

1.Getting the existing value of range and Add the new time interval to it.
    var newInterval = new Date(chart.rangeSelector.inputFields.get(“endValue”));
    newInterval.setSeconds( new interval.getSeconds() + 2 );

2.And set the new value again
    stockChart.rangeSelector.inputFields.set(“endValue”,(((newInterval)))),true);
    or
    chart.options.rangeSelector.inputFields.endValue =newInterval;

But unfortunately, it didn’t work. Thanks anyway.

@islandt,

Can you try setting slider maximum instead of inputField endValue? And let us know if this works in your case.

If this doesn’t solve the issue you are facing, kindly create JSFiddle reproducing the issue and share it with us so that we can look into your code, understand the scenario better and suggest you some workaround.

—-
    Manoj Mohan
    Team CanvasJS

@manoj-mohan,
    I tried with slider maximum, I later thought that it may be setting only the size of the slider but it keep move back.

As you open jsfiddle you will notice the slider is set in the far right and all the current data is continue to load as you notice with the last tick plot on the graph.

But if you try to shift the slider a bit to the left and then get back to the original position when you open, the slider will keep moving back, and cannot observe the last tick plot of current data.

Thanks in advance!

@islandt,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. We will improve this behaviour in our future releases.

—-
    Manoj Mohan
    Team CanvasJS

@manoj-mohan,

Ok! Thanks for the consideration.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.