Home Forums Chart Support Spline overshooting (trimmed from top)

Spline overshooting (trimmed from top)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

I’m using spline with real time data. Every 1 second i add a new point and render the graph again. The graph is overshooting from top (looks trimmed) if the points are very close to maximum (spline connects the two points with curve so the curve looks trimmed). To solve this, i’m setting the maximum dynamically. But this leads to another issue.

My question: is there a function to reset the calculated maximum? What i mean here, assume first time i load the graph, the graph will calculate the maximum value dynamically then i will use jquery to add extra offset. After 1 second and before rendering the graph again (keep in mind here the graph assumes now maximum is set manually), i want to reset the entered maximum so the graph calculates the maximum dynamically and then i will add again the offset. So is there a way to set the attribute maximum to null or reset it using a function so the graph calculates it dynamically?

*I have tried different ways including comparing the new point to the previously calculated maximum but this has an issue that if for the first 100 point the maximum was 50 and then for the remaining points the maximum is 10 then 80% of my graph will show empty.

I used jquery to set the maximum dynamically but

Found the solution by setting the value to null

@kashmar,

Glad that you figured it out :)

Vishwas R
    Team CanvasJS

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.