Home Forums Chart Support REFERENCE ERROR

REFERENCE ERROR

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Dear team, good day!
    I have a question. I have successfully added canvasjs charts to my reactjs app and everything works perfectly in the local environment. but when I deploy to vercel, I get a reference error in the console. “require is not defined” and my app does show anything on the screen.

Has someone experienced this before? can someone help me out? I will be very grateful!

Max Fey,

We tried deploying a React app with CanvasJS Chart in vercel, it seems to be working fine. Please take a look at this link for a working sample that’s deployed in vercel and checkout this Github repository for the project.

React Chart deployed in Vercel

If you are still facing issue, kindly share your project with us over Google-Drive or Onedrive (or in Github) so that we can try deploying it from our side to understand the scenario better and help you out.

Vishwas R
    Team CanvasJS

Hey Vishwas, thank you for getting back at this.
    My react project was built using Vite. I am currently migrating it to normal create-react-app so I can try it out again.
    I’ll let you know how it goes once migration and deployment is complete.

Meanwhile, if there’s a thing I need to know about canvasJs with vite, I’ll appreciate.

Kindly use Vite and deploy to vercel.
    It should produce the Reference Error: require is not defined.

Reference Error. Vite app with canvasjs charts deployed to vercel

Image Attachment

Max Fey,

Adding commonjsOptions: { transformMixedEsModules: true } to the build option of Vite config should fix this issue. Please refer to this Stack Overflow thread for more information about the same. Please take a look at this link for a working sample that’s deployed in vercel and checkout this Github repository for the project.

Vishwas R
    Team CanvasJS

High five! Vishwas,
    Your proposal fixed my issue so fine.

Thank you! so much.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.