Home Forums Chart Support ReactJSCharts + Typescript

ReactJSCharts + Typescript

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

I’m working on a project with React and Typescript. I’m running into an error that’s stemming from the import of the CanvasJSReact chart import (import CanvasJSReact from ‘@canvasjs/react-charts’) . The error shows up as “TS7016: Could not find a declaration file for module ‘@canvasjs/react-charts’. ‘C:/…/../…/…/node_modules/@canvasjs/react-charts/canvasjs.react.js’ implicitly has an ‘any’ type.” When I run npm start, the website runs and the graph is displayed, but the error message does not go away.

Does this package include a type declaration for typescript uses?

I did npm install for both @canvasjs and for @canvasjs/react-charts, but still getting the same error. Would love some help.

@emin500,

React charts seem to be working fine with typescript. Please take a look at this Stackblitz code for a working example.

If you are still facing issue, kindly create a sample project reproducing the issue you are facing and share it with us over Onedrive / Google-Drive, so that we can run the sample locally at our end to understand the scenario better and help you out.

__
    Sachin Bisht
    Team CanvasJS

Even the Stackblitz shows a typescript error:
    Cannot find module '@canvasjs/react-charts' or its corresponding type declarations.

if you hover over ‘@canvasjs/react-charts’ in the import statement

@gojukeboxgmail-com,

We don’t have CanvasJS React Charts TypeScript definition as of now. However, charts seems to work fine with React TypeScript as-well. You can ignore the corresponding error in Stackblitz by adding // @ts-ignore above the import statement as shown in the code-snippet below.

// @ts-ignore
    import CanvasJSReact from '@canvasjs/react-charts';

__
    Sachin Bisht
    Team CanvasJS

I am running into trouble with the proposed solution. As true as it is that the @ts-ignore macro allows React to compile, the compiled application retains some “require” instructions from the module that the browser cannot parse, thus returning Uncaught ReferenceError: require is not defined. Here’s a fragment of the compiled application with a minified-then-beautified version of canvas.react.js:

var qN = require("react/jsx-runtime").jsx,
        hc = require("react"),
        i6 = require("@canvasjs/charts");
    i6 = i6.Chart ? i6 : window.CanvasJS;
    class $N extends hc.Component {
        constructor(e) {
            super(e), this.options = e.options ? e.options : {}, this.containerProps = e.containerProps ? N2({}, e.containerProps) : {
                width: "100%",
                position: "relative"
            }, this.containerProps.height = e.containerProps && e.containerProps.height ? e.containerProps.height : this.options.height ? this.options.height + "px" : "400px", this.containerRef = hc.createRef()
        }
        componentDidMount() {
            this.chart = new i6.Chart(this.containerRef.current, this.options), this.chart.render(), this.props.onRef && this.props.onRef(this.chart)
        }
        shouldComponentUpdate(e, c) {
            return e.options !== this.options
        }
        componentDidUpdate() {
            this.chart.options = this.props.options, this.chart.render()
        }
        componentWillUnmount() {
            this.chart && this.chart.destroy(), this.props.onRef && this.props.onRef(void 0)
        }
        render() {
            return qN("div", {
                id: this.props.id,
                ref: this.containerRef,
                style: this.containerProps
            })
        }
    }

I have tested the module using JSX, but for this project TypeScript is a must. What else can I do?

Regards.

@jalmartinez im having the same issue. were you able to resolve this?

found a quick fix for this. instead of using

To Setup
    npm install -g serve

To run the Build
    npm run build

Make sure the name of the folder is Build and not something else like dist
    serve -s build

you can use sudo npm run dev locally or on your server to get around this issue.

@Atrhick Thanks for asking and the proposed workaround. I finally gave up with CanvasJS, there seems to be some sort of compatibility issue with Vite or I am not skillful in React yet to debug what’s going on, so I’ve switched to another library that has better compatibility without Webpack or Browserify.

Cheers.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.