Home Forums Chart Support Pie chart color not changing

Pie chart color not changing

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

I am using a canvasjs to make a pie chart. I am using it in my custom code where I am getting the response from the server in an xml file and then I am using it to fill the chart values. My problem is that I am not able to change the colour of the chart meaning even for different labels the colour remains the same for the whole pie chart.

I used debugger also where it the value for colour is changing but still I am not able to resolve it.

color: scopes.chart_color_value[i]

I am using an another configuration file where I am storing colour values.

Here is my custom code

$scope.loadChartValue = function (data, scopes) {
        scopes.data_id = [];
        scopes.legend_text = "";
        scopes.inner_chart_data = [];

for (var i = 0; i <= data.length; i++) {
            var arrayvalue = data[0].data[i]._attr
            if (existsInArray(scopes.data_id, arrayvalue.label._value) == false) {
                scopes.data_id.push(arrayvalue.label._value);
            }
        }
            var i=1;
            for (var j = 0; j < data[0].data.length; j++) {
                scopes.inner_chart_data.push({ label: data[0].data[j]._attr.label._value, y: data[0].data[j]._attr.value._value });

scopes.dataset.push(
                       {
                           type: "pie",

markerType: "circle",
                           markerSize: scopes.markersize,
                           color: scopes.chart_color_value[i],
                           showInLegend: false,
                           name: scopes.legend_text,
                           dataPoints: scopes.inner_chart_data
                       }
               );
               i++;
            }

}

I dont know how to upload a pic either I have uploaded

• This topic was modified 7 years, 2 months ago by shv22.

If I am using the same code which I use for line it will produce two doughnut chart instead of one. But why I am not getting

$scope.loadChartValue = function (data, scopes) {
    scopes.data_id = [];
    scopes.legend_text = “”;

for (var i = 0; i <= data.length; i++) {
    var arrayvalue = data[0].data[i]._attr;
    if (existsInArray(scopes.data_id, arrayvalue.label._value) == false) {
    scopes.data_id.push(arrayvalue.label._value);

}
    }
    for (var i = 0; i < scopes.data_id.length; i++) {
    for (var j = 0; j <= data.length; j++) {
    if (data[0].data[j]._attr.label._value == scopes.data_id[i]) {

scopes.inner_chart_data.push({ label: data[0].data[j]._attr.label._value, y: data[0].data[j]._attr.value._value });
    scopes.legend_text = data[0].data[j]._attr.label._value;
    }
    }
    scopes.dataset.push(
    {
    type: “doughnut”,

markerType: “circle”,
    showInLegend: true,
    legendText: scopes.legend_text,
    }
    );
    }
    }

@shv22

You’re setting the color of entire dataSeries. That’s why whole pie chart is shown in single color.

Remove above line from scopes.dataset.push() and add it inside scopes.inner_chart_data.push();

for (var j = 0; j < data[0].data.length; j++) {
    	scopes.inner_chart_data.push({ label: data[0].data[j]._attr.label._value, color: scopes.chart_color_value[j],y:  data[0].data[j]._attr.value._value });
    }
    scopes.dataset.push({
      type: "pie",
      markerType: "circle",
      showInLegend: false,
    });

For you second query, doughnut chart is not multi series chart like line chart. That’s why you don’t get 2 charts.

Thanks, I got that after posting here…. I was having pie chart inside a doughnut chart but only doughnut chart is I can see. I have set backgroundColor as transparent but still no use… can you please tell me if something I am missing here?

I have figured out how to make pie chart inside doughnut but pie chart is small how can I make it big. Here also I have posted my query http://stackoverflow.com/questions/41607486/make-pie-chart-bigger-without-affecting-doughnut-chart/41607600?noredirect=1#comment70417678_41607600

• This reply was modified 7 years, 2 months ago by shv22.

@shv22,

You can use backgroundColor property to change chart background-color, which defaults to white.
    Chart with Background Color

Regarding the second query, you can increase the width and height (which is set to 78px and 100px) and change left/top accordingly so that pie is positioned properly.

Vishwas R

Hi, Vishwas thanks for your response. I did exactly the same i.e., increasing height and width but the problem is when I do that the div of inside pie chart overlaps with the inner circle of doughnut which occurs in doughnut having a white space. I changed the background-color to transparent then also I facing this issue…

I have updated my pic here (See the second one) where I am highlighting the same problem. Waiting for your response. Uploaded my pic here

@shv22,

You can set chart backgroundColor to “transparent” instead of setting it to div. Please check this working fiddle.
    Pie Chart inside Doughnut Chart

Vishwas R

Hi, I have tried setting the same in my pie chart like you suggested like
    This is from my code here I applied backgroundColor property

var chart = new CanvasJS.Chart(id,
    {
    backgroundColor: “transparent”,

but still white space is there. Any suggestion?

@shv22,

It seems to be working fine. Please check this jsfiddle. If you are still facing issue, please create a jsfiddle with the issue, so that we can look into it and help you out.

Vishwas R

Hi sorry for the late response…I have done the same thing the fiddle it is working there but when I reusing the same in the code as a plugin and creating chart there it seems to fail. Although, if I change colour there from transparent to black or something else it is working fine…so meaning only transparent is looking like white…why I don’t understand

Hi thank you for your help. I have figured out what I was doing wrong.

Just one more query,

Chart Label overlapping

here I want to place the Label inside the Pie chart and doughnut chart but I am not able to do. Although, I am using the property indexLabelPlacement: “inside”, still it is coming out.

For Pie chart I am not able to see what it is.

Note: Yellow color label is of pie and the Black color label is of Doughnut.

@shv22,

indexLabelPlacement: “inside” seems to be working fine. Please check this JSFiddle. If you are still facing issue, create a JSFiddle with the issue so that we can look into it and help you out.
    Doughnut Chart with Indexlabels

Vishwas R

Hi, yes it is inside but we only have the data value not with its data label. Like I am posting a pic

here

I want something like this. Could be able to achieve that?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.