Home Forums Chart Support Multi Series Line Charts

Multi Series Line Charts

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

I created a web form in asp.net and need to have some charts created from the data returned. I would like the user to be able to check multiple items in a checkboxlist and have the graph populate depending on the items selected. The selected items need to show as the legend and the values would obviously be the datapoints. I am not sure how to do this though. I am getting the data from a query run against an Oracle database. Looking at the examples for the multi series line chart, all the information is manually put into each series. I need to get the values dynamically put into the series depending on what my user selects. Any guidance on how to handle this would be greatly appreciated. Code samples would help.

@tdono,

Please take a look at this sample which uses ASP.NET and SQL Server for rendering Multi Series Chart.

• This reply was modified 7 years ago by Indranil.

It is trying to redirect me here <https://1drv.ms/u/s!Al_ZS_39Ng7tgz7UF6_aGlAmSPa4&gt; but says the site cannot be reached. Can you please try to send something else or offer other suggestions?

@tdono,

I have attached a new link along with the steps to set it up on Visual Studio, Please go through it.

• This reply was modified 7 years ago by Indranil.

Maybe it’s my PC but this link tries to open in Notepad and is a bunch of garbage. Can you send the information in a text file maybe?

@tdono,

Here is the link for the sample project in plain text: (https://1drv.ms/f/s!Al_ZS_39Ng7thARCrtzrXswtnz1W). It also contains ReadMe to help you set up the project on Visual Studio.

_________
    Indranil Deo,
    Team CanvasJS

Hi!
    I don’t know how to create a topic, but.. I have one problem… I am little bit developer))) and I would say that Your pretty trends works on iMAC and even work on iPhone (in Safari), but only on Your web-site… when I am adding the code on python page on Windows Server 2008 and explore it through the VPN on my phone, it doesn’t work… it shows only the X and Y axises without any data on it… it’s so sad, because these trends are so damn simple and usefull!!! ((( any ideas??? Should I update some java or what?

Sorry… one more thing! When I use VPN on iMac these trends works fine too, but when I use VPN on iPhone and trying to get data on trends, so the situation is that I described already… I believe it’s because of VPN on iPhone… because when it turns on so that the internet access is limited… is there in code something that trying to get from the internet? I didn’t find anything… or am I blind a little bit…

The problem is solved)))
    But if somebody will ask You the same question just tell him/her that the problem is in DateTime format. Safari does not support YYYY-MM-DD format here: data: [{type: “line”,lineThickness: 1,dataPoints: [{x: new Date(“2017-09-12 12:00:55”),y: 0.70}]}]. If to change the Date (by replacing “-“with “/”) to x: new Date(“2017/09/12 12:00:55”) everything will work fine!
    Sorry for disturbing You guys :)

@iscrac,

Glad that you figured it out. It is not working in certain browsers as you are not using the standard JavaScript Date-Time format.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.