Home Forums Feature Requests & Feedback Multi Series Chart – Pie Graph

Multi Series Chart – Pie Graph

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

I just would like to ask if it is possible to switch from a multi series chart to a pie graph. I know that pie graph does not support yet a multi series data but what I mean is if a multi series chart contains 3 data points, then if I switch on the pie graph in the drop down list, 3 pie graphs will appear? Is it possible? Thank you very much…

@yansonalvin97,

Incase of multiseries chart, there will be only one chart-container and multiple dataSeries. Whereas if you like to have 3 different pie charts there should be 3 different chart-containers. You can achieve this by creating 3 separate chart-containers and 3 different charts using the existing chart-options and updating it back again when other chart-type is selected. Please take a look at this jsfiddle.

Vishwas R
    Team CanvasJS

Thank you Vishwas.

Hi there, I have some concern with regards to switching to pie graph. How can I achieve displaying the legendtext as year and put a title for every pie graph base on the college. Here is my jsfiddle. Thank you.

@yansonalvin97,

CanvasJS supports updating chart-options dynamically. Just like the way you were able to change chart-type dynamically from the dropdown-opitons, you can update legendText & title-text aswell. Please take a look at this updated jsfiddle.

Vishwas R
    Team CanvasJS

Oh i see, chartoptions.data[i].name comes from the dataseries. Thank you, this is what I’m looking for.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.