Home Forums Chart Support Min-Max Y-Axis Points Not Showing

Min-Max Y-Axis Points Not Showing

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

In the following CanvasJS example (https://canvasjs.com/docs/charts/chart-options/axisy/interval/), the y-Axis is defined as follows:

axisY:{
    interval: 20
    },

If instead the y-Axis is defined as follows:

axisY:{
    minimum: 5,
    maximum: 95,
    interval: (95-5)/10
    },

Then although the minimum, maximum, and interval properties seem to be applied correctly to the graph, the minimum value (5) and maximum value (95) are not displayed on the Y-axis. I would have expected tick marks at 5, 14, 23, 32, 41, 50, 59, 68, 77, 86, and 95. Instead I am seeing tick marks at 9, 18, 27, 36, 45, 54, 63, 72, 81, and 90. Is this a bug, or can this behaviour be adjusted through other CanvasJS properties? I even tried to use “includeZero: false”, without any difference.

@oneworld,

To show tick/value at minimum and maximum, minimum and maximum should be integral multiples of interval. i.e. tick/value will appear only at y-values that are integral multiples of the interval.

Vishwas R
    Team CanvasJS

You said the tick marks will only appear at integral multiple of the interval, but starting from where? Starting from the minimum value of starting from zero? It looks like CanvasJS always starts counting / applying the interval value from the zero mark instead of the supplied minimum value. Is this correct?

@oneworld,

Integral multiple of interval means if interval is 10, ticks will be shown at every values that are multiples of 10 like -30,-20,-10,0,10,20,30 etc irrespective of the minimum and maximum set. If minimum/maximum set is integral multiple of the interval, tick will be shown at minimum/maximum as-well, else it won’t be shown.

Vishwas R
    Team CanvasJS

Vishwas thank you for the clarification.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.