Home Forums Chart Support Line chart with bar chart

Line chart with bar chart

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

Need help in Line chart and bar chart.

@nisha,

It would be helpful if you could brief us further about your requirements and share a JSFiddle or a pictorial representation depicting your requirements/issue you are facing so that we can understand it better to help you out.

__
    Priyanka M S
    Team CanvasJS

I need bar and line on same chart, multiple point

@nisha,

A bar chart cannot be combined with line chart. If you are looking out to combine column and line charts, please take a look at our gallery example on combination of charts.

__
    Priyanka M S
    Team CanvasJS

I have column chart with moving average? Is it possible to add another line with column without affecting moving average.

@nisha,

You can combine multiple dataSeries of column chart with line chart. Please take a look at documentation on multiseries chart for more info.

It would help us understand your exact scenario better if we could look at your code at our end, so I request you to create JSFiddle with your use-case and share it with us if you are facing any issue.

Vishwas R
    Team CanvasJS

Dear Vishwas R,

Thank you for response, I am new to CanvasJS and I need Trendline Chart in my existing chart.
    Chart should look like the link given below Trendline only.
    http://www.jqchart.com/jquery/chart/ChartTypes/TrendlineChart

Please advise how to do this.

@nisha,

You can add another dataSeries of line type with just 2 dataPoints to show trend. Please take a look at this JSFiddle.

Vishwas R
    Team CanvasJS

Thanks Vishwas,

This is what I want in my chart what you are showing in jsfiddle, I am taking data from Database and my ques are,
    How should I take start and end value?
    How should I calculate Y=mx + b for Trendline Calculation. I only have x Value. How do I calculate m and b value.Or is there any way to calculate trend line from database value.each time data will vary, sometimes I get 5 rows, Sometimes I get 10 row for chart. in that case how do I calculate Trendline.
    I have have some code but I can’t paste here as it is long. How do I show you my code. In jsfiddle it will not work because databae is not there. Please help.

Regards

One More Question: yValue += Math.round(Math.random() * 10 – 5); What is 10 and 5 here? What we are doing in this formula. Sorry I am new to this.

@nisha,

You can calculate the dataPoints to the trend-line dynamically by calculating slope as explained in this stackexchange thread. Here is the updated JSFiddle.

One More Question: yValue += Math.round(Math.random() * 10 – 5); What is 10 and 5 here? What we are doing in this formula. Sorry I am new to this.

JavaScript random method returns a floating-point, pseudo-random number in the range 0–1 (inclusive of 0, but not 1). With the help of random method, you can generate a random number between two numbers (lets say you need a number between 0 and 100), which is used in the JSFiddle that’s shared with you.

Vishwas R
    Team CanvasJS

Thanks Vishwas,

This is what I want in my chart what you are showing in jsfiddle, I am taking data from Database and my ques are,
    How should I take start and end value?
    How should I calculate Y=mx + b for Trendline Calculation. I only have x Value. How do I calculate m and b value.Or is there any way to calculate trend line from database value.each time data will vary, sometimes I get 5 rows, Sometimes I get 10 row for chart. in that case how do I calculate Trendline.
    I have have some code but I can’t paste here as it is long. How do I show you my code. In jsfiddle it will not work because databae is not there. Please help.

Regards

@nisha,

In the JSFiddle provided in previous reply, calculateTrendLine method calculates trend-line dynamically based on dataPoints passed to chart, irrespective of source of dataPoints. Please refer this stackexchange thread for more info on calculating trend-line / Y=mx+b.

If adding calculateTrendLine method doesn’t work in your case, kindly share sample project with sample database over Google-Drive or Onedrive, so that we can look into your code, understand it better and help you out.

Vishwas R
    Team CanvasJS

IS it possible to setup Skype call or Team Viewer to understand the logic and steps for Trendline chart.

@nisha,

You can schedule a meeting with our Sales Engineers from this page.

Vishwas R
    Team CanvasJS

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.