Home Forums Chart Support Line Chart Connector Colors

Line Chart Connector Colors

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

Good day! Tell me a way to create a graph in the attached image. It is necessary that the connecting lines of the points have certain colors. Suppose if points 1 and 2 are connected, then their connecting line is blue, let’s say if points 2 and 1 are connected, then their color is red. Is it possible to make the specified line color for connecting even dots 0-2-4-6-8-0 blue and 0-1-3-5-7-9-0 blue, and for lines 0-9-8-7- 5-3-1-0 and 0-8-6-4-2-0 red.The graph is dynamic. Example

@oleglr,

Can you please provide some sample data so that we can understand your scenario better and help you out?

Based on the screenshot shared, you can easily achieve the requirement by setting the markerBorderThickness, markerColor, markerBorderColor, and lineColor as shown in the code snippet below –

{		
        type: "line",
        markerBorderThickness: 2,
        markerColor: "white",
        dataPoints: [
          {x: 4, y: 10, markerBorderColor: "blue", lineColor: "blue"},
          {x: 9, y: 23, markerBorderColor: "blue", lineColor: "red"},
          {x: 16, y: 16, markerBorderColor: "red", lineColor: "blue"},
          {x: 12, y: 33, markerBorderColor: "blue", lineColor: "blue"},
          {x: 17, y: 44, markerBorderColor: "blue", lineColor: "red"}
        ]
    }

Also, please take a look at this JSFiddle for an example on same.

Chart with customized dataPoints

Good day! Thank you for your help! I have a question for you, is there a correct example code for applying your advice to a dynamic line chart (or is there a typical example of such a case)?

@oleglr,

To render a dynamic chart, you will have to create a function that checks the dataPoint value before assigning it to the chart options/data and accordingly customize the markerBorderColor and lineColor. The function can be called at regular intervals to add new dataPoint using setInterval() as shown in the code snippet below –

var updateChart = function () {      	

yVal = yVal +  Math.round(5 + Math.random() *(-5-5));

if(dps.length && yVal < dps[dps.length - 1].y)
      {
        dps.push({x: xVal,y: yVal, markerBorderColor: "red"});
        dps[dps.length - 2].lineColor = "red";
      }
      else if(dps.length)
      {
        dps.push({x: xVal, y: yVal, markerBorderColor: "blue"});
        dps[dps.length - 2].lineColor = "blue";
      }
      else

xVal++;
      chart.render();		
    };
    setInterval(function(){updateChart()}, updateInterval);

Please take a look at this documentation page for a step-by-step tutorial to create a dynamic chart that updates dataPoints at regular intervals. Also, take a look at this JSFiddle for a working example.

In case this doesn’t fulfill your requirement, kindly brief us further about the logic based on which the line color is defined.

Dynamic Chart with customized dataPoints

Thank you very much for the tip! Once again I am convinced that your team is the best!
    After reviewing your example, I want to add some charting logic to suit my needs.
    It is required to build a graph according to the conditions:
    1. There is input data (random data) – numbers from 0 to 9 – (nominal values)
    2. These numbers differ in color (depicted as a segment on a linear dynamic chart, red – down, blue – up)
    3. The logic of building and rendering the color of the graph line (When even and odd blue numbers go in a row, then, for example, 0 – 2 – 3 – 4 -…- 9 (increase) – then the segment is blue on the graph. When even numbers go and odd red numbers go in a row, then the segment on the line graph is red.If there are red and blue, then we compare the denomination of the numbers, for example, if 5 (odd blue) – 6 (even blue) – 1 (odd blue) – 6 (even blue) – 2 (even red), then in the above figure it is represented by colored segments “color pressure at face value” and according to the characteristics of the digit (even or odd).In other words, a sinusoidal curve is displayed on the Cartesian plane, which is built according to algorithm (even numbers in the blue zone (above zero) will be higher than odd ones, and even ones in the red zone will be lower than odd ones), which is shown in the figure.
    I would be grateful if you could help me write a function for this logic.

@oleglr,

You can set markerBorderColor & lineColor based on your condition (Comparing current y-value with the previous y-value and checking if it’s even or odd) to achieve this. Please find the code-snippet below –

var updateChart = function () {      	

yVal = yVal +  Math.round(5 + Math.random() *(-5-5));

if(dps.length && yVal < dps[dps.length - 1].y)
      {
        //Setting markerBorderColor and lineColor for each specific dataPoint 
        color = (yVal % 2 === 0 ? "red" : "blue");
        dps.push({x: xVal, y: yVal, markerBorderColor: color});
        dps[dps.length - 2].lineColor = color;
      }
      else if(dps.length)
      {
        //Setting markerBorderColor and lineColor for each specific dataPoint 
        color = (yVal % 2 === 0 ? "blue" : "red");
        dps.push({x: xVal, y: yVal, markerBorderColor: color});
        dps[dps.length - 2].lineColor = color;
      }
      else

xVal++;
      chart.render();		
    }

Please take a look at this JSFiddle for the complete code.

Good afternoon dear friends! I ask for your help in the matter. Purpose: Display a tabular view of the graph, the figure shows an example.

Can’t link to picture

drive.google.com/file/d/1EE86nQzuITCZRgiW4bP0xdHH5JuNg8-K/view?usp=sharing

Graph in the form of a table!

Good afternoon dear friends! I ask for your help in the matter. Purpose: Display a tabular view of the graph, the figure shows an example.

@oleglr,

Considering this thread as duplicate of Tabular presentation of graph data and hence closing the same.

—-
    Adithya Menon
    Team CanvasJS

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.