Home Forums Report Bugs Left most column could not be displayed properly

Left most column could not be displayed properly

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Hi support team,

I have purchased your library to create some charts in a dashboard application for my client.
    Basically it all works fine except I have found some column charts could not properly render the left-most column. Any ideas??
    The screen captures of the column chart display issues are attached to my dropbox account for your perusal.

Column Chart Display Issue
    Column Chart Display Issue 2
    Column Chart Display Issue 3

Best regards,
    Eddie

Eddie,

It seems like you are either setting minimum or viewportMinimum in axisX (observation from image shared) because of which first dataPoint is partially visible. Removing the same or setting it to null should work fine in your case.

If you are not setting minimum / viewportMinimum but facing this issue, kindly share JSFiddle reproducing the issue you are facing, so that we can look into the code, understand the scenario better and help you out.

Vishwas R
    Team CanvasJS

Hi Vishwas,

I see. Thanks for your suggestion. Removing the Minimum = 0 setting can resolve my issue.
    But why this setting will cause the issue? Actually I just would like to make sure the values on the axis will only be positive value and my datapoints are also positive only.

Best regards,
    Eddie

Eddie,

In case of multiseries column charts, columns get distributed across the actual value i.e. in case of 2 dataSeries, 1st column will occupy space towards left of the actual value and the 2nd column towards right of it so that both becomes visible.

You can show just positive values by setting minimum to some negative value instead of setting it to 0, setting it to negative value adds some padding making 1st column visible.

Vishwas R
    Team CanvasJS

Hi Vishwas,

Got it. Thanks for your explanation.

Eddie

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.