Home Forums Chart Support Java GUI program with chart

Java GUI program with chart

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

Please I need help. How can I produce a chart in Java whose input data are from text field. That is; each time I change the values in the input text field, in produces a new chart

@relationman,

Please take a look at this tutorial on rendering chart with dataPoints from user input.

Also refer our gallery section for example on JSP and Spring MVC. You can also download working samples from our download page and try running it locally.

Vishwas R
    Team CanvasJS

Thanks alot for the response but it still doesn’t solve exactly what I need.

@relationman,

Just like adding new dataPoints to the chart as shown in the tutorial, you can dynamically create chart as well. Please take a look at this jsfiddle.

Vishwas R
    Team CanvasJS

Ok. Now I see. . Thanks.
    This brings me to asking for solution of the main problem.
    I wrote a GUI program which receives input data using editable text fields and produces results through some other non editable text field. I want to produce a chart from another window each time I click a button. I want the plot to use data from the input and output variable produced in the GUI program . Please help me. Thanks.

@relationman,

Can you kindly share sample project reproducing the issue you are facing over Google-Drive or Onedrive so that we can look at your code, understand the scenario better and help you out?

Vishwas R
    Team CanvasJS

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1fuJjFiOPfZrExzFQOeG-1-HU-xrVw1_T

The link above is a location where the source code of my program is. There are three files there. One is the mother program while the other is for the plot. The mother/main work program calls the plot program to produce a chart. the third file is a picture of how the program runs.
    The button named “Vogel” is used for the computation.
    What I want is that after the computation is done and the results is displayed on the screen, and then If I click on the plot button. It should produce a plot that changes with changing input and output data.
    The problem I have is that the plot/chart that my program produces does not change automatically if I vary my input parameters (pwf).
    Please help me so that the two program can communicate very well in order that every different input and output data (Qo) can produce a dynamic chat.
    Thank you very much.

Hello sir. I’m yet to hear from you. Please reply let me know if you have received my message and the source code for the program.
    Thanks.

@relationman,
    It looks like you are not using CanvasJS in your project. We can help you with questions related to CanvasJS and its implementation.

You can get started with CanvasJS by following the documentation at https://canvasjs.com/docs/charts/basics-of-creating-html5-chart/

My project is written on Java.

Good to know about the information you have shared with us. I think your tips and strategies could help the writers to do their works properly

Hi I am also having the same issue for Java, thanks for the answer.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.