Home Forums Chart Support Issue with Zoom

Issue with Zoom

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Hi,

I have issues with not able to zoom (xy) when the line chart trend is going up and down consistently. I was trying to zoom into an area where there are 5-6 dataPoints but cannot still zoom in. Below is a sample example of it.

https://jsfiddle.net/hczdbxr3/

I read in one of the forum that we need a min of 3-4 datapoints to be able to perform the zoom but I believe here I am satisfying all the conditions but still not able to zoom in. Can you please let me know why I am not able to perform it.

Here is the image of where I tried to zoom in an area where is contains many datapoints: https://imgur.com/gJGC4vL

Thank you,
    Kaushik.

@kaushik25,

The behavior is designed such that zooming is limited upto a certain region so that the user doesn’t end up zooming into a blank region (region with no dataPoints). To zoom into a certain region, there should be a minimum of 3-4 dataPoints over the axis.

In your case, the zoom doesn’t work as there are less than 3-4 dataPoints with different values over the axisY for the given dataSeries. We suggest you set the zoomType to x in such scenarios.

Sets Zoom type for a given Chart

Hi,

Thank you for the reply. I do understand that I would need a minimum of 3-4 datapoints to be able to perform the zoom according your comment. The area which I tried to zoom had 5 unique y-axis data points. I want to know what is the exact condition that makes an area zoomable. For example, the fiddle I provided consists of 11 different unique y values with [-2, 42, -41, 41, -42, 39, -40, 43, 40, -23, -43, 0, 38, -3, 30, -39, 3]. Despite all these different values the chart is not allowing me to zoom into any area of the chart.

@kaushik25,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. As of now, there is a restriction on zooming, which we will reconsider for improvisation in future releases. For your use-case, you can set zoomType as ‘x’ for now.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.