Home Forums StockChart Support issue with next js build

issue with next js build

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

I am getting below error when i am using canvas js chart in next js project i also imported it through dynamic route still facing the this issue

Collecting page data ..C:\Users\GulshanVerma\Downloads\data\node_modules\@canvasjs\react-stockcharts\canvasjs.stock.react.js:107
    export default CanvasJSReact;
    ^^^^^^

SyntaxError: Unexpected token ‘export’
    at internalCompileFunction (node:internal/vm:73:18)
    at wrapSafe (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1176:20)
    at Module._compile (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1218:27)
    at Module._extensions..js (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1308:10)
    at Module.load (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1117:32)
    at Module._load (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:958:12)
    at Module.require (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1141:19)
    at mod.require (C:\Users\GulshanVerma\Downloads\data\node_modules\next\dist\server\require-hook.js:64:28)
    at require (node:internal/modules/cjs/helpers:110:18)
    at 94476 (C:\Users\GulshanVerma\Downloads\data\.next\server\pages\Graph\Graph.js:1:7781)

@indxx,

StockChart seems to be working fine with Next.js. Please take a look at this sample project for integration of CanvasJS StockChart with Next.js.

If you are still facing the issue, kindly create sample project reproducing the issue and share it with us over Google-Drive or Onedrive along with sample data so that we can look into your code, run it locally at our end to understand the scenario better and help you out.

CanvasJS StockChart in Next.js

—-
    Manoj Mohan
    Team CanvasJS

Hi Manoj Mohan thanks for your reply it is working fine in local my end as well but when i create the build the above error occurred same with your shared code as well.

@indxx,

Importing ‘@canvasjs/react-stockcharts’ dynamically for client side rendering should resolve the issue happening with the build script as well. Please take a look at the code snippet below for the same.

import dynamic from "next/dynamic";
    const CanvasJSStockChart = dynamic(() => import("@canvasjs/react-stockcharts").then((mod) => mod.default.CanvasJSStockChart ), { ssr: false });

Also, check out this updated sample project for complete working code.

—–
    Manoj Mohan
    Team CanvasJS

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.