Home forums Using CanvasJS Incorrect label displayed for quarter of the year

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Indranil Deo 1 month, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Ravneet03

Hi Team,
    I am trying to display a chart with label on X axis as Quarters of the year.
    https://jsfiddle.net/QwZuf/753/
    IN this the Q4’15 ends at 1Dec2015 instead it should end at 31Dec2015, similarly 1March16 and 31March16 should fall in Q1 16 but they fall in Q2’16.

Please advise what can be done to resolve it.

Thanks,
    Ravneet

Indranil Deo

@ravneet03,

You can use this workaround to generate axisLabels using stripLine.

Ravneet03

Thanks Indranil. But there is a slight problem, my actual code does not contain axis array in the chart variable. It is something like this, chart.options.axisX . Inside the axisX there is stripLines array but I am not able to add in that array with the code you gave.

If I try to do this: chart.options.axisX.stripLines[0] it creates another array inside stripLines array and hence I am not able to access its value using e.value.

Also chart.options.axisX.addTo(“stripLines”,{..}); gives an error “addTo is not a function”.

What can be done? Please suggest. Let me know if more information is required.

Thanks

Ravneet03

Never mind. It is working now!
    Thanks

Ravneet03

Hi,

I am trying to remove stripLine using remove() method, but it is not working. My canvasjs version is 1.8.0. Is it due to the old version?

Thanks

Indranil Deo

@ravneet03,

Methods and Properties were introduced in v1.9.6, kindly refer this blog post for more info. Also please download latest version from our download page to use the latest features.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by  Indranil Deo.

Ravneet03

Team,
    Any update on permanent solution for this. I have used the workaround but the client using the application wants Quarter label to be displayed at the end of Quarter itself rather than repeating it for each month. Please update.

Thanks,
    Ravneet Singh

Indranil Deo

@ravneet03,

This feature is not available as of now. Please take a look at this updated jsfiddle to display the label at the end of the Quarter.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 4 weeks ago by  Indranil Deo.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.