Home Forums Report Bugs Inconsistent X Axis Label Calculation

Inconsistent X Axis Label Calculation

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

djh

Hi

I have a data set aligned to start at midnight on the requested day (and end a few days later). I want to show X labels every 12 hours but they aren’t aligned well with the sample time. The first label is 10:00am not 00:00am. An easy example is showing the same data with interval set to 1 Day or 24 hours. See the fiddles below – when set to Hours it starts at 10:00am.

How can I influence the x axis label calculation so that they always start at the time of the first sample? (desired outcome – first label is 00:00 on the first day and then every 12 hours from there on).

Interval 1 Day : http://jsfiddle.net/b89bL50b/1/
    Interval 24 Hours : http://jsfiddle.net/b89bL50b/3/

Thanks

David

djh

Sorry to follow-up to my own post but I just thought of something that may be relevant. When setting the interval to hours the first tick is at 10:00 not 00:00. Our timezone is at GMT+10 so perhaps the hours based calculation isn’t accounting for the timezone offset?

David,

As of now controlling the tick and label start point is not available. Interval start point will be calculated automatically and varies for different intervalType. We consider it for future release.

Hi Vishwas.

I’m also looking into setting my start-point every midnight with intervals of 12hrs, currently at interval=12hrs and the system outputs a start point of 10am.

Is there a newer release that fixes this scenario? Because I may be using an older version of canvasJS, and this thread started almost over a year ago.

Thanks.
    Lawrence

Lawrence,

Sorry this feature is not available as of now.

Vishwas R
    Team CanvasJS

thanks vishwas, hopefully soon!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.