Home Forums Chart Support How to update values in line chart from MySQL DB

How to update values in line chart from MySQL DB

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

I have this code in php file and works fine with fetching the values from MySQl DB but I need it to update the values every 2 seconds:
    Code

• This topic was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by Kodian.

@kodian,

You can update datapoints in the chart for every 2 seconds by changing chart-options & calling chart.render() within setInterval.

setInterval(function() {
    	chart.options.data[0].dataPoints.push({x: 10, y: 20});
    	chart.render();
    }, updateInterval);

To update the same with the data from the database, you need to read data from database & return it from PHP (service.php), parse it to the format accepted by CanvasJS & render the chart. Please find the code-snippet below.

var updateChart = function() {
    	$.getJSON("service.php", function(result) {
    		dps.splice(0, dps.length);
    		$.each(result, function(index, value) {
    			dps.push(value);
    		});
    	});

chart.render();
    };

setInterval(function() {
    	updateChart()
    }, updateInterval);

Please take a look at this sample project for complete working code.

Also refer to this forum thread and PHP Gallery Page for more examples along with working code. You can also download PHP sample that you can run locally from our download page.

PHP Chart with Data from Database

Vishwas R
    Team CanvasJS

Thanks Bro for helping me. But in my case is taking the Lines automatically from MySQL and it makes me confuse.

The example attached is plotting two lines manually..

@kodian,

CanvasJS supports multi-series charts as demonstrated in the previously shared sample. In order to render just one line (single dataseries), you need to pass just one dataseries in the chart-options as shown below.

$.each((data), function(key, value){
    	chart.options.data[0].dataPoints.push({label: value[0], y: parseInt(value[1])});
    });

Please take a look at this updated sample project for working code. Also refer to PHP Gallery for more set of examples along with source-code.

If you are still facing issue, can you kindly share sample project over Google-Drive or Onedrive along with sample database and brief us further so that we can understand your issue better & help you out?

PHP Dynamic Chart with Data from MySQL Database

Vishwas R
    Team CanvasJS

@Vishwas R

Sorry for delay to reply but I couldn’t solve it, the files attached with Google drive

Drive

Thanks for help

@kodian,

We are looking into your query & get back to you at the earliest.

Vishwas R
    Team CanvasJS

@kodian,

The sample shared seems to have some dependency issues & is not working locally. Please refer to the screenshot below.
    user shared sample dependencies

Can you kindly share working sample along with all the dependencies so that we can run it locally, understand the scenario better and help you out?

Vishwas R
    Team CanvasJS

@Vishwas R

Thanks for update and sorry for delay to reply,

Here is the new files I upload them again Drive

@kodian,

In the sample project that you have shared, there are couple issues in parsing the data that you are fetching from database. Parsing the response-data properly seems to be working fine. Please take a look at this updated sample project.

Multi Series Line Chart - Data from Database

Vishwas R
    Team CanvasJS

@Vishwas R
    yes now parsing is working, how about the update values from db with interval 10 sec?

@kodian,

You can update datapoints & re-render chart at every 10 seconds with the help of setInterval. Please refer to this forum thread for more information & examples.

Vishwas R
    Team CanvasJS

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.