Home Forums Chart Support Event handling on data click fails

Event handling on data click fails

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Hi,

I’m able to get details from data points via event handling when I have static data. If I use the same way to get details with data called from service(Angular), I’m getting the following error – Error: g[e[f]].call is not a function.

Here’s the working example I’m using – https://stackblitz.com/edit/test-function-binding

Thanks,
    Sudha

Sudha,

The issue seems to be with the binding of click-event handler. onClick that’s being assigned to click event in sample.data.ts file is undefined. Please take a look at this updated sample.

—-
    Manoj Mohan
    Team CanvasJS

Hi Manoj,

Thank you so much. It’s working now.

Also, I have one more doubt. The data that we are fetching in event handling function is not getting reflected in UI though it’s getting updated in console. Is this related to Canvas or some issue with Angular? I have updated the code

Regards,
    Sudha

• This reply was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by Sudha. Reason: Updated code link

Sudha,

The issue seems to be with the context of “this” used in the onClick function. Please take a look at this updated sample.

—-
    Manoj Mohan
    Team CanvasJS

Hi Manoj,

This worked. Is there a way to pass the value of i from for loop to onClick function along with e value?

Thanks,
    Sudha

Please ignore my last message.. I was able to achieve what I wanted, by accessing e.dataPointIndex.

Sudha,

Glad that you figured it out :)

—-
    Manoj Mohan
    Team CanvasJS

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.