Home forums Chart Support Dynamic Data charts and events

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

I am attempting to create a game of this sort – https://www.bloomberg.com/features/2015-stock-chart-trading-game/

I need to generate a dynamic charts for which I am thinking of this https://canvasjs.com/html5-javascript-dynamic-chart/.

My question is how can i record data point values whenever mouse button is click down(buy) and up(sell).

Whenever mouse is clicked down/up record the data point at the right end of the chart window.
    Down and Up is one complete trade/cycle of trade (for game purposes) – I have keep track of buy/sell data points and calculate the points/profits made in that chart replay.

@jamescho,

You can achieve the above requirements by attaching mousedown and mouseup events to the chart container as shown in this JSFiddle.

Shashi Ranjan
    Team CanvasJS

Thanks, your answer addresses my question.

@Shashi Ranjan

Thanks helping with event recording.

I have another followup questions –
    How can I restrict it to show only the latest 100 range of values and MAX value i.e stop the chart rendering at max nth value?
    Is there a way to pull the data from a DB?

I looked at this, but this looks to be a static onetime rendering of values from DB

Render Data from Database

@jamescho,

You can use shift method to display only the latest 100 dataPoints in the chart. Please take a look at this updated JSFiddle for the same.

Shashi Ranjan
    Team CanvasJS

@shashiranjan – thanks, but now the “Profit/Loss” calculations freeze after 100th value (datalength), wondering if the chart container boundaries are affected by use of shift

@jamescho,

Please take a look at this updated JSFiddle.

Shashi Ranjan
    Team CanvasJS

@shashiranjan – thanks, its working now.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.