Home Forums Chart Support Displaying multiple values for the same option

Displaying multiple values for the same option

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Hello.

On the front end we have a search function that, among other things, collects and stores the different search terms that visitors used on the site.

e.g.
    Apples – searched 10 times
    Pears – searched 5 times
    Oranges – searched 20 times
    etc.

Now, we want to display all this information on the same chart (MAYBE a scatter chart).

So on this chart, we will have 10 dots for Apples, 5 dots for Pears, 20 dots for Oranges, etc.

We are trying to display them in a meaningful way so that we can show our clients how many times each search has been performed.

We can do this using EXCEL locally but stumbling to do this using CanvasJS.

Can someone please help…???

Thanks in advance.

@driven13,

You can use column chart with search value on axisY and search terms as label on axisX as shown in this tutorial.

—–
    Manoj Mohan
    Team CanvasJS

Appreciate the response.

Can you please point me to the specific section on the page that you referenced that will help me to get what I am looking for..???

Hi.

Actually we took a look at the page that you were referring to in your post, but we really don’t understand how we can create a scatter-type chart that displays all the results on one chart.

Referring to my original example above, how can we display all the various number of each search, with the number of points depicted on the chart equal to ALL the times each search has been performed…?? So, if Apple has been searched 5 times, there needs to be 5 points on the chart.

Can this be achieved so that it is depicted as a scatter chart or something similar because a column chart is not going to work in this case.

Thanks again.

@driven13,

I would suggest you to use column chart to show the number of searches over axisY and the search term as labels over axisX.

If this doesn’t help you fulfill your requirements, kindly share a pictorial representation or some example of your requirements so that we can understand it better and help you out.

—-
    Manoj Mohan
    Team CanvasJS

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.