Home Forums Chart Support Detect Crosshair Position Change

Detect Crosshair Position Change

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

I want to detect when the position of the vertical crosshair line is changed in a chart where the vertical crosshair line snaps to the xAxis values (using snapToDataPoint: true). For example, in this pen, the positionchanged event is used in amCharts. Is there something similar in CanvasJS?

I ran across this Fiddle which could be used to detect a change in vertical crosshair position (i.e. a changed in the “selectedValue”), but it seems inefficient as it is performing the computations on the firing of each mousemove event. Is there a more efficient way?

• This topic was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by bfailing.

@bfailing,

I want to detect when the position of the vertical crosshair line is changed in a chart where the vertical crosshair line snaps to the xAxis values (using snapToDataPoint: true). For example, in this pen, the positionchanged event is used in amCharts. Is there something similar in CanvasJS?

Sorry, this feature is not available as of now.

I ran across this Fiddle which could be used to detect a change in vertical crosshair position (i.e. a changed in the “selectedValue”), but it seems inefficient as it is performing the computations on the firing of each mousemove event. Is there a more efficient way?

This is a workaround to achieve the above requirement.

Shashi Ranjan
    Team CanvasJS

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.