Home Forums Chart Support Date display on axis

Date display on axis

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Hi,
    I am retrieving data from mysql database and storing it in array using
    while ($row = mysqli_fetch_assoc($db_sng_schqres)) {
    array_push($dataPoints, array(“x”=> strtotime($row[‘schdt’]) * 1000, “y”=> $row[‘label’]));
    }
    Here ​the date value is displayed as 1627603200000 on the X-axis multiple times
    If I format the datatime value using
    axisX:{
    valueFormatString: “DD-MMM” ,
    } it displays only DD-MMM.
    If I use xValueType: “dateTime” then the correct date is displayed. But as there is only 1 date in the database, that date is displayed. I want to display all the dates of the current month (or any month) to be displayed on the axis and then whatever value is retrieved from the database- display the column/bar at that particular date. How can I do this ?

Y axis values are not displayed at all.
    Thanks in advance.

@shalkt,

Axis range and interval are auto-calculated based on datapoint values in the chart. However, it can be overridden by setting minimum, maximum, and interval properties for axisX or axisY.

Y axis values are not displayed at all.

Can you please create a sample project reproducing the issue you are facing and share it with us over Google-Drive or Onedrive along with the sample data/database so that we can look into the code, understand the scenario better and help you out?

Thangaraj Raman
    Team CanvasJS

Thanks Thangaraj Raman. I have uploaded the sample code on Google Drive but how do I share it ?

@shalkt,

Please refer to this webpage for instructions on sharing files from Google Drive

Thangaraj Raman
    Team CanvasJS

Hi Thangaraj,

Please check the code at https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bbRpfRTxLSioP6pSfHJMouKlIx7QETHZ/view?usp=sharing
    I tried various options from the forums. I want to display a song schedule – song vs date. The values are retrieved from the database.
    1. I read that date values cannot be displayed on Y axis. I can display the date values on the X axis but the song names do not display on Y axis. It is blank and chart is not shown.
    2. If I display song name on X axis, and using strtotime() on Y Axis the chart is drawn but the strtotime shows date in seconds(I guess) and not the actual date.

Can you help me to display this ?
    Thanks

@shalkt,

The datapoint y-value can only accept numeric values as of now. However, you can store a custom option (let’s say yLabel) for the song name and show the same in tooltip with the help of toolTipContent as shown in the code-snippet below.

array_push($dataPoints, array("x"=> strtotime($row['sch_date']) * 1000, "y"=> 1, "yLabel"=> $row['label']));
    toolTipContent: "{x}: {yLabel}",

chart displaying custom option in tooltip

Please check this updated project for a working example.

Thangaraj Raman
    Team CanvasJS

Thanks Thangaraj Raman.
    I will try this and update the code accordingly.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.