Home Forums Feature Requests & Feedback Column Graph Options

Column Graph Options

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Is there any way to make it so that the columns can be properly placed on each other? I know that there’s the option for stackedColumns, but I want to put a space between the columns to break them apart better visually and columns offset the bars and stackedColumns isn’t exactly the ideal. I also wanted to have the option for giving a width for the columns to represent the time scale for how long something lasts.

Basically want to use the chart as a means to signify when a device is activated and for how long. Or maybe there’s a better chart option that I should be using for such?

@azel,

Sorry, variable dataPoint width is not supported as of now. However, you can add spaces between the stacked columns by adding an transparent dataSeries in between before rendering the chart. Please have a look at this work-around.

___
    Suyash Singh
    Team CanvasJS

Guess that works for the spacing. Would be nice for an option to just give the lower left corner of a box and upper right of a box and then graph based on that. But hard to say how much of a pain that’d be.

I do have a question, what if I just want the number? No label, but I use the label to customize the tooltip to display info that differs per data set? I want to disable the label for the x-axis and leave it as the time/number only.

@azel,

You can customize toolTip without setting labels. You can use toolTipContent or contentFormatter for modifying the toolTip content as per your requirement.
    Let us know if this solves your problem.

—-
    Bivek Singh,
    Team CanvasJS

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.