Home Forums Chart Support Column Chart – Outslide Label sitting on edge

Column Chart – Outslide Label sitting on edge

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Hi, I have a column chart and my outside label is sitting on, or within, the column. I created a JSFiddle that closely represents my situation. I’m guessing it’s because I may have a multi-line label. But, wondering what I can do to get around it. Heck, if I can add line break characters I would be happy to do that. My code will change to an “inside” label if the column is above 30% of the total. My issue is when the columns are “short”.

https://jsfiddle.net/ocuy86dr/1/

Note, on the JSFiddle, the first column shows when the chart is 0 and the text is a few pixels in the line. The second column shows a 3-line label and the last line is in the column area. I did some testing and seems like if I added 2 line breaks it seems it would work.

thanks for any help!

@radam13,

Thanks for reporting the use-case.

I’m guessing it’s because I may have a multi-line label. But, wondering what I can do to get around it. Heck, if I can add line break characters I would be happy to do that.

Sorry, it is not possible to add line break characters in indexLabel as of now.

Note, on the JSFiddle, the first column shows when the chart is 0 and the text is a few pixels in the line. The second column shows a 3-line label and the last line is in the column area.

We will reconsider this behaviour in our future releases.

—-
    Manoj Mohan
    Team CanvasJS

[Update]

@radam13

We have released v3.2.12 GA with this bug fix, please check out release blog for more information. Please download the latest version from our download page and let us know your feedback.

—-
    Manoj Mohan
    Team CanvasJS

Hi Manoj,

Apologies as I just tested this, but I can say it works well! Also, it looks like there were issues on inside text and that seems to be fixed as well. Thank you so much!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.