Home Forums Report Bugs Chrome Update Caused Issues

Chrome Update Caused Issues

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

After Google Chrome’s latest update, I face incorrect behavior for charts. Mostly mouse events (e.g. zooming, panning) make axis lines, grid lines and axis labels disappear periodically. Does anyone faced this kind of issue?

@dreamofdoc,

Chart & it’s elements like axis line, grids & labels seems to be working fine along with events like zooming and panning in Chrome 119.0.6045.124.

Can you kindly share the details like OS being used, Chrome version & version of CanvasJS with us so that we can try reproducing the issue at our end? Also, we would suggest you to try reproducing the issue by disabling the Chrome extensions that you have installed.

Sachin Bisht
    Team CanvasJS

@sachin-bisht,

Sure, thanks for the response. OS version – Windows 10 Pro, Google Chrome version – 119.0.6045.124, CanvasJS version – v2.1.2. Btw, it has the same behavior on Microsoft Edge too, so I guess the problem is caused because of Chromium update, it works fine on Firefox.
    Re extensions: We had the same problem on different machines after updating Chrome, so I suppose it has nothing to do with extensions, but I will give it a try.

Thank you!

@dreamofdoc,

We are unable to reproduce the issue at our end with the mentioned version of OS, Browser & the library. Can you kindly create JSFiddle with the set of options that you are using and share it with us along with the steps to reproduce so that we can try out locally at our end?

Also, I would recommend you to check if the issue still persists in the latest version of CanvasJS (v3.7.27GA).

__
    Sachin Bisht
    Team CanvasJS

@sachin-bisht,

I guess it would be impossible to create reproducible case because of hugeness of the project, but we have debugged and fixed it. Of course, the fix can be on top of nothing, but we have desired result now. I can mention that the problem was connected with _preRenderCanvas and _preRenderCtx which were used in drawing while rendering x, y axis lines.

Thank you!

@dreamofdoc,

There has been so many enhancement and bug fixes since version 2.1.2 and its possible the issue you were encountering has been fixed. I would suggest you to download and use the latest version of the CanvasJS.

Kindly let us know, if the issue still persist with the latest version so that we look into it further & fix the same.

__
    Sachin Bisht
    Team CanvasJS

@sachin-bisht,

Sure, thank you!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.