Home Forums Chart Support canvas legend not showing properly

canvas legend not showing properly

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Hi,
    I am having an issue regarding legends in my chart.my data is absolutely dynamic so i am
    i am setting the option[i].data[j].name =”some dynamic value”.while loading i can debug and see the option being loaded with the dynamic data in the legend.Even while rendering the option in chart,it’s showing the correct data but after the loading of the chart only the first legend is showing.
    This i copied from the console the value of the option during run time..

Chart
    options
    :
    axisX
    :
    {intervalType: “hour”, labelMaxWidth: 180, labelAngle: 0, labelFontFamily: “verdana0”, labelFontSize: 7, …}
    data
    :
    Array(5)
    :
    {type: “line”, dataPoints: Array(440), name: “ABCD”, showInLegend: true}
    :
    {type: “line”, dataPoints: Array(441), name: “efgh”, showInLegend: true}
    :
    {type: “line”, dataPoints: Array(439), name: “W”, showInLegend: true}
    :
    {type: “line”, dataPoints: Array(0)}
    :
    {type: “line”, dataPoints: Array(0)}
    length
    :
    __proto__
    :
    Array(0)
    title
    :
    {text: “WT”, fontSize: 15}
    zoomEnabled
    :
    true
    __proto__
    :
    Object
    render
    :
    ƒ ()
    __proto__
    :
    Object

As shown above the first 3series has 3legend names.But after chart rendering only the first legend is being shown in the ui.Please refer to the below image for reference for the ui.Also the label is getting vanished for x axis.
    Canvas with no label one legend

If i set showLegend=true in both the data definition of the option statically as well as while dynamically updating the option,then the labels are showing,but then also the legends r not showing correctly.Please refer to the below image.
    Canvas with label one legend

Please help.

@desen17,

Please take a look at this example in our gallery on dynamic updating of chart and legend text.
    If this doesn’t solve your requirement, can you kindly share a jsfiddle or sample project(share over google-drive or one-drive) reproducing the issue you are facing, so that we can look into your code, understand the scenario better and help you out?

__
    Priyanka M S
    Team CanvasJS

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.