Home Forums Chart Support Border around bars

Border around bars

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

I am working on range bar charts where each bars can have different (state) colors. Now I need to have an additional way of indicating an “escalation”, i.e. I cannot use a different color as all colors are already assigned for other states.

Is it possible to have different border styles or overlays for single bars in order to indicate e.g. an escalated issue?

Many thanks,
    Stefan

Stefan,

Border around column is not possible as of now. However, if you can share JSFiddle with your use-case, we can understand the scenario better and can suggest you possible solutions.

Vishwas R
    Team CanvasJS

Vishwas,

yes, you can use the JSFiddle yo sent. Imagine a bar chart (time range) where the bar colors represent operating states of a machine (green, red, orange). Now I want to be able to show if an additional action has been started for selected bars (e.g. escalation level has been raised). I cannot just use a different color, as the system already used several colors. A border around that bar (or a color patter) would help here to indicate an additional condition. Letting the bar blink would also be an option. Or can you think of other options?

Many thanks!

Stefan,

Adding border to the bar / column is not possible as of now. However, you can make a bar / column blink by using color property as shown in this JSFiddle. You can also add indexlabel to a datapoint to show some additional information related to it making it different from others.

Vishwas R
    Team CanvasJS

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.