Home Forums Chart Support Angular 10 update for appliaction generates a warning for canvasjs library

Angular 10 update for appliaction generates a warning for canvasjs library

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

When I updated my application to angular 10, it generated the following warning for CanvasJS library usage.

WARNING in /Users/…./src/app/…..component.ts depends on ‘@assets/canvasjs/canvasjs.min’. CommonJS or AMD dependencies can cause optimization bailouts.
    For more info see: https://angular.io/guide/build#configuring-commonjs-dependencies

Does CanvasJS library has a ECMAScript module to be used with angular 10 applications? Any help to get rid of the warning (don’t want to turn off the warnings though) is appreciated. Thanks.

@mlimaye,

As you are using a non-ECMAScript Module file for your Angular application, whitelisting CanvasJS should work fine in your case. Please refer to the code below for adding a specific CommonJS dependency in the angular.json file:

"architect": {
      "build": {
        "builder": "@angular-devkit/build-angular:browser",
        "options": {
          "allowedCommonJsDependencies": ["assets/canvasjs/*"]
        }
      }
    }

You can also refer to this Stack Overflow thread for more information on whitelisting CommonJS dependencies.

Please take a look at this sample project for a working example with sample code on integrating CanvasJS with Angular.

CanvasJS basic column chart in Angular

Shashi Ranjan
    Team CanvasJS

Thanks, it worked! But I believe, it only suppresses the warning, not remove/fix the issue. I hope canvasjs can come up with ECMAScript moduled version of the library.

@mlimaye,

Thanks for your suggestion. We will look into it in future versions.

Shashi Ranjan
    Team CanvasJS

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.