Home Forums Chart Support a question from a total newbie

a question from a total newbie

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Hi
    I am looking for a chart package using javascript and Ajax. I like the look of this one and want to do the following, can someone tell me if the following is possible?

1. The chart will appear blank initially when the webpage is displayed. I want to do the following:
    a) Blank chart.
    b) Using Ajax, get data and display on the chart.
    c) Get more data from server as in b).
    d) After all data is displayed, then do the following:
    i) Allow data then to be zoomed.
    ii) Allow user to click on chart to create an event so I can see the position the user clicked at.

If the above is possible, and can produce this I will purchase a license.

Many Thanks for your help

Regards
    Scott

Scott,

a) Blank chart.
    b) Using Ajax, get data and display on the chart.
    c) Get more data from server as in b).

Please refer documentation on Live Updating Charts from JSON API & AJAX for step-to-step tutorial on rendering chart with data from server through AJAX call.

Allow data then to be zoomed.

Setting zoomEnabled property to true lets user zoom / pan the chart even in Live Charts.

Allow user to click on chart to create an event so I can see the position the user clicked at.

If you mean clicking on any dataPoint, please refer documentation on click event. Or if you like to click anywhere on the chart, you can bind click event to the chart-container and get to know the position of click. Please take a look at this JSFiddle which shows adding new dataPoint based on user clicked position.

Vishwas R
    Team CanvasJS

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.