Home Forums Chart Support Series Groups and Dynamic Loading Reply To: Series Groups and Dynamic Loading

Thanks for the reply! Your JSFiddle code was very helpful including the addition of the groupName attribute, however I noticed it had one issue. Toggling Efficiency visibility would unhide any other hidden series in the legend. I modified it a bit to achieve the desired result.

legend: {
			fontFamily: "Open Sans, Arial",
			fontSize: 14,
			cursor: "pointer",
			itemclick: function(e) {
				var hideEfficiencySeries = false;
				for (var i = 0; i < e.chart.options.data.length; i++) {
					if (e.chart.options.data[i].groupName === "efficiency" && e.dataSeriesIndex === e.chart.data[i]._index) {
						hideEfficiencySeries = true;
					}
				}
				if (hideEfficiencySeries) {
					for (var i = 0; i < e.chart.options.data.length; i++) {
						if (typeof (e.chart.data[i].visible) === "undefined" || e.chart.data[i].visible && e.chart.options.data[i].groupName === "efficiency") {
							e.chart.options.data[i].visible = false;
						} else if (!e.chart.data[i].visible && e.chart.options.data[i].groupName === "efficiency") {
							e.chart.options.data[i].visible = true;
						}
					}
				} else {
					if (typeof (e.dataSeries.visible) === "undefined" || e.dataSeries.visible) {
						e.dataSeries.visible = false;
					} else {
						e.dataSeries.visible = true;
					}
				}
				e.chart.render();
			}
		}

I was attempting to store parts of the chart into a JSON file specific to that pump. That way I could simply load the desired JSON file and render the curve. Mostly everything unique to the pump curve resides within data:[].

• This reply was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by jrobinson.