Here is what I did:
1. Open an instance of Visual Studio 2010.
2. Created an ASP.NET Empty Web Application.
3. Added an HTML page (I named it DonutTest.htm”)
4. Replaced the HTML file contents with:
4. Added an existing item to the project (canvasjs.min.js).
5. Started debugging.
6. I see the donut chart, but no text.
When I start debugging, the version of IE being emulated is Edge, according to the IE debugger. But the about window says Internet Explorer version 11.0.9600.18537CO. Update Versions 11.0.38.
I still see the “Trial Version” text however.
I see the same result if I use Debug>Start Without Debugging.
I also sent the project to one of my co-workers. He got the same result as I did.
If I use the debugger to see what is actually contained in the “chart” variable, I can see where the properties have been assigned in chart.options.subtitles and chart.options.title. Does that sound right?
I work for a high-security government complex. Is it possible my network could be blocking a feature or something? It seems unlikely, but crazier things have happened…