Home forums Using CanvasJS Spline & tooltip question

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Thijs 5 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Thijs

I have two implementation questions.

1) If i use spline or splineArea the line moves outside the actual range of the dataseries. The curve should occur after the change in data happens not before. Is there a way to solve this behaviour.

2) If wish to create a tooltip for just one of the dataseries. Is this possible? I tried a shared data series but this give a blank line when i empty the toolTipContent.

To clarify my questions i attached a screenshot.

Example

Sanjoy

Thijs,

1) It’s the actual behavior of spline curve but we will reconsider it again.
    2) And setting toolTipContent to null will help you to disable toolTip for a particular dataSeries.

Thijs

Hi Sanjoy,

Thanks for your reply. The solution for setting toolTipContent to null works great. I really hope you decide to alter the behaviour of the spline curves. If there are a lot of data points the current behaviour is good enough, but if there are just a small number of datapoints (see my example) the curves give a false impression of the range of the actual data series (imo).

Kind regards,
    Thijs

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.