Home Forums Chart Support Line chart with data points at axis maximum

Line chart with data points at axis maximum

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

If I have a line chart showing % values (Y) for certain x values, with the Y axis maximum set to 100, any point with a Y value of 100 has its indicator cut off. Same goes for a Y value of 0, and the maximum and minimum X values, too.

Is there a way to allow the indicators to display beyond the an axis’s maximum value?

Chart clips anything that goes outside of axis’s maximum/minimum. So in cases where markers at the boundaries are getting clipped, here is what I would do.

axisY:{
            maximum: 103,
            lineThickness: 0
          }

This will slightly increase the axis range but will not show any label at the end – which gives an impression that 100 is the maximum range of chart.

Sunil Urs

Ah, I see. Okay, thanks!

Hi,

I have an issue somewhat related to this. I have a chart that displays money amounts (Y axis) for different days of the month (X axis). Amounts can be positive as well as negative. I do set minnimum and maximum values on the Y axis to match the min/max amount of the month, but when doing so I loose the Y axis line at 0$. Any suggestion as to how to get it back when negative/positive ranges are different?

Thanks!

cfaribault,

Did you mean to say you are loosing Y Axis line or Grid Line at $0. If you meant grid lines, you can try setting interval for Y Axis – try using numbers like 5, 10, 50, 100, etc so that it becomes easier to read values. If I understood it wrong, can you please create jsfiddle so that I can understand it better.

Sunil Urs

Hi Sunil,

You did understand correctly, unfortunately setting an interval value isn’t enough. You can see it here:

http://www.mybudgetonline.com/mybo/budget/calendar

Thanks!

Chris

Chris,

By default CanvasJS calculates intervals which are multiples of 1, 2, 5, 10, etc. Hence if the ranges that you specify is not a multiple of these values, you might miss out the 0 line.

So, even if you specify these values yourself, you’ll have to specify minimum & maximum such that the range (maximum – minimum) is a multiple of interval – this will solve the problem. Otherwise mathematically it is not possible to include 0.

May I know why you are setting custom minimum/maximum values?? If I know this I can probably suggest you a better alternative.

Sunil

Hi Sunil,

I found out about min/max values before interval. I’ve done some more tests and using only interval seems to be the best way to go. I calculate a custom interval based on min/max values and it looks just like I want it.

http://mybudgetonline.com/mybo/budget/calendar?_=1378124457

Thanks for making me realize the uselessness of setting min/max values in this case! :)

Chris

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.